Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 01-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Shirayuki~Chan

Neko Neko Knuckles help?

Hi! So, I need some help with Ryouko Ookami's Neko Neko Knuckles: Click, Click

I really don't know how to go about making those? It'd be great if someone could help me! And it's be even great if the process involved as little sewing as possible! Thanks!

Cosplays:
Daenerys Targaryen- Game of Thrones
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Tharja- Fire Emblem: Awakening
Opal Beifong- Legend of Korra

Shirayuki~Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
liukolun

I am also thinking of making this but I know what you mean about being hard.

I personally was going to make it purly by sewing almost like puppet dolls.

But for you (if you don't mind using a bit of money) is to use a pair of old/new boxing glove and go to the dollar store to buy some plastics (container or something like that. The important part is for it to have curves).

So once you have those you can cut/break the plastic container into pieces and glue/hot glue the pieces onto the glove. (If needed. If you can place your glove into it then it is better. You would only need to make a small opening at the laces on the glove)

Once it is finish, colouring is next. I believe to make it look not cracked or broken, you could glue the sides of the pieces together as a whole into that shape and maybe use something like paper machete and colour it might make it look more smooth and together.

Edit: After rereading it, I think you could just use paper machete to cover the glove itself (without the plastics) and colour it. The plastic would make it harder (I think) and more hot to wear.

I guess you could put some wax on it to make it shine and smooth after colouring.

However, I am not an art student (or someone creative) so I don't know much about art supplies and materials.
This idea should work in theory but I think someone should be able to make this idea better or a whole better method of making it.
Good luck~

Edit: Here is a video on making paper machete (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaLmdRBvGG4)

Last edited by liukolun : 03-15-2013 at 02:23 AM.
liukolun is offline   Reply With Quote