Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 02-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
Essence_of_Aya
Epic Procrastinator!

Midna and Link Walk On Ideas..

Hey Guys,

This is my first time cosplaying, and I'm going to be entering the cosplay contest as well. I'll be walking as Midna (In her true form) and my bf is going to be Link. We have selected a song to walk to, but I'm seriously lacking in ideas to make it memorable. What do you guys think?

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna (True Form)
World of Warcraft: Lady Sylvanas Windrunner & Ysera: Queen of the Emerald Dragonflight
Black Butler: Grell Sutcliff
Soul Calibur 5: Viola & Tira
Death Note: Ryuk or Rem

Essence_of_Aya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
pinkkiller

It would be helpful to know what kind of music you're using, but maybe some sort of "Goodbye" scene? It's just the first thing that popped into my mind, maybe this idea will inspire you:

I imagine Midna coming up all regal, taking the spotlight first and then maybe making a pose that symbolises how she embraces the shadows and will go back to the Twilight Realm. Link runs up on stage and looks like he wants to talk to her, but she just puts her hand on his shoulder in a friendly goodbye gesture and leaves. Link stays, but turns in different directions (so the costume can be seen, it's important you choose gestures/poses for both characters that show off the costumes well) because he is unsure what to do, maybe trying to follow her for a moment, but deciding not to. He then leaves the stages all defeated (if possible of course in different direction, which would fit the idea better than him following her directly).
pinkkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
Essence_of_Aya
Epic Procrastinator!

I like this idea, at first we were thinking of a powerful high tempo song such as the song of storms (Although we are leaning away from it since it isn't a TP song) but this is another way to incorporate their relationship. Thanks : )

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna (True Form)
World of Warcraft: Lady Sylvanas Windrunner & Ysera: Queen of the Emerald Dragonflight
Black Butler: Grell Sutcliff
Soul Calibur 5: Viola & Tira
Death Note: Ryuk or Rem

Essence_of_Aya is offline   Reply With Quote