I'll be getting to Katsucon on Friday, most likely in the late afternoon / early evening time. I'm driving up from Williamsburg, or the Hampton Roads area. I'll also most likely be leaving on Sunday afternoon.
A little about myself:
This is actually my first time going to Katsucon. I've been to con's here and there, but that was long before I got into photography. I spent a lot of time watching anime in the late 90's and early 2000's and slowed down incredibly after the moe boom in the industry. I was studying abroad in Japan over the Spring semester of university in 2012, and I was gifted an opportunity to go shoot some cosplay photos at Comiket 82. After taking photos at Comiket, I realized that cosplay photography is incredibly fun for both parties: the photographer and the cosplayer.
Here's a link to my portfolio page. If you go to the biography section, you can read a little about my philosophy on photography. My gear is also listed as well.
- $10 for 30 minute session give or take.
- Additional $5 if you would like me to bring a light setup. The additional set up time will not affect you or your party whatsoever.
Note: For additional people, there is no extra charge. I just want to make sure that you realize with more people to work with, the longer each photo would take. The amount of work that I could get done in the allotted time slot will most likely be a lot less than if it were a 1 on 1 shoot!
To book or inquire:
You can post here, send me a PM, or e-mail me at chris@doumotography (dot) com
What I need:
- Your Name / Nickname (I'd like to get to know you a little!)
- Character Name and Series
- Time you would like to shoot
- Photo shoot themes / reference material / scenes
- Optional: Photo of your costume would be very helpful.
What to Expect:
- A 30 minute session will most likely yield around 50 - 100 photos. 5-10 high resolution photos, edited, and not watermarked.
- Photos sent before February 24th (1 week after con ends. I usually get things done quickly though)
- A fun photo shoot!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post here or send me an e-mail to ask!
I'll also take requests LAST MINUTE at the convention. If you want to chat with some friends and think that maybe you want to do a shoot, don't hesitate to inquire about how to contact me at the convention! Given that I'm free at the time, I'll be glad to meet up.