Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 02-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Sayumi_x3
College Cosplay Chick ;D

Talking Valentine - Skullgirls Prop Construction

Hello hello. c: I'm going to be making Valentine from SkullGirls and I'm super excited since its my first cosplay! I do have a few things I'm lost on.

I asked this before but I just need to get a few more opinions on it. She has little crosses that are both on her outfit, and then two on her legs. They're both made out of something different, and I'm wondering what I can use to make the ones that would go on the fabric out of? I was told using cardboard and acrylic paint would work find on her non-fabric crosses.

She has a hacksaw that she carries with her. I know cardboard would be a suggestion, but I'm wondering if there would be any way of making a handle more stable and everything else more reinforced so it won't wear and tear easy.

Another prop I was wanting to see if I could make would be a thermometer. I absolutely love when Valentine wins a round, she pulls out a thermometer, put its inbetween her bust, and it explodes haha. But so far, I'm not finding much results. I'm wondering would it be too dangerous to purchase a thermometer meant to be encased in a plastic holder and just take that out and use it? But I'm not finding any alternatives towards making a thermometer that looks pretty good :x So if I can't find any suggestions for it, I might toss the thermometer idea sadly. ; . ;

This is a good picture of what her hacksaw looks like. c:

http://quartercircleback.files.wordp..._valentine.png

And this is a good reference of what her outfit looks like with the crosses.
Sayumi_x3 is offline   Reply With Quote