Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
ViolentNight

Best Black Eyeliner

I'm wanting to do Zombie Poison Ivy, and my sister in law is Zombie Harley Quinn.
We'd like to not have to worry on retouching make up through out our con, but its always going to happen.

What we are looking for is long lasting, no smudge/smear, waterproof (in case its hot) eye liner.
Mine always seems to smudge downward which normally would be ok for zombies, but I'm not wanting it to smudge at all.

Any ideas?
ViolentNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

the question comes to do you want to use liquid, gel/cream, or stick
Fem!Austrian War Succesion France (Hetalia/Nyotalia)- 10% done
Fem!Izaya (Drrr!)- 90% done
Magent!Teto (Vocaloid)- 95% done
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
ViolentNight

I'm up for any of them. I really like gel eyeliner more than the others, but I would like to know what other people have used. I have a liquid one that always seems to smear/smudge/ and just fade away
Unread 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
arsenicCatnip

urban decay's 24/7 liquid eyeliner is amazing, at least for me! i wear it every day and it's waterproof, so it does not budge at all, even if it rains during my walk home from school = w =
even when i rub my eyes (i do that a lot because i forget i'm wearing eyeliner sometimes), it still looks really great!

the only downside is that it's a little pricey (i think it's around $18??) but from my experience it's been the best eyeliner i've ever used, so it's worth it in my opinion uwu
arsenicCatnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'm going to do a cross section of Black penicl liners soon (just waiting on one more) for gel pencil ones.

But a gel pot is also something I bring with me to con's. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack or Chromaline in Black Black. If you use black a lot the larger pot of Chromaline is the best bang for your buck.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/...ine/index.tmpl
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/...ine/index.tmpl

Mac does a number of free shipping codes perweek as well. Archie and Snake are the current ones.

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 02-01-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I can't get liquid eyeliner in a straight line on me, so if I need a non-smudging line, I use the old-fashioned wood pencil eyeliners. For those two I usually use Rimmel or Body Shop. My "normal" eyeliner, which also smudges very easily so I don't count it, is M.A.C. and one of those retractable stick eyeliners.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
Mindasayshai

My favorite eyeliner i always use is Maybelline stiletto liquid eyeliner. I also use their cream eyeliner as well. If your also looking for no smudges in the waterline just grab a eyeshadow brush and swipe some black eyeshadow over it. It gives a darker look and dries up the liner (for lack of better words) to prevent smudges.
Comicon 2013
Anime expo 2013
AM2 2013
Mindasayshai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
ZeroCosplay

the best i have come across is kajal onyx
ZeroCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #9
Zhiana
Inspired Insanity

I use Sephora's generic liquid eyeliner which lasts fine on me and also Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner which lasts for a long time, doesn't smudge and has a very intense colour.

Oz Comic-Con Adelaide regina from [ once upon a time ]
Supanova Melbourne supergirl from [ dc comics ]
Supanova Sydney zatanna from [ smallville ]
Oz Comic-Con Melbourne ? from [ ? ]
Armageddon Melbourne wonder woman from [ justice league ]
Supanova Adelaide ? from [ ? ]
Zhiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

I recently asked this somewhere else, and people were pretty unanimous about the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner. Never tried it, but thinking of getting it.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
mikazuki
三日月

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentNight View Post
I'm wanting to do Zombie Poison Ivy, and my sister in law is Zombie Harley Quinn.
We'd like to not have to worry on retouching make up through out our con, but its always going to happen.

What we are looking for is long lasting, no smudge/smear, waterproof (in case its hot) eye liner.
Mine always seems to smudge downward which normally would be ok for zombies, but I'm not wanting it to smudge at all.

Any ideas?
There are so many products on the market however you don't mention what type of skin your have.

Some of my favorite smudgeproof, waterproof, water resistant eyeliners are made from Yves Rocher, J.Cat, Stila, BH Cosmetics and NYX. There is a new product I came across at IMATS (International Makeup Artists Trade Show) by a company that makes temporary tattoo products. The company is called Tat2u.
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
xNini

MAC Liquidlast Liner. I use it on a daily and I never have to retouch. It doesn't even come off when I go swimming! It goes on dark and does not move an inch once it's dry, but I would recommend practicing before using it.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/...ner/index.tmpl

The only thing is, it is hard to come off unless you use a cream or oil make-up remover. Good Luck~!
xNini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
Resident-chick
They canceled Ugly Betty

Nyx Felt tip liner works good, but majority of their makeup is expensive. I THINK I got mine for 7$. PELO2 Dark Brown works perfect if its natural, but go with whatever color you need!
Book of Life- La Muerte- 0%
Nightvale- Welcome to Nightvale- 0%
Resident-chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
ViolentNight

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate all the feed back! I cant wait for July to get closer so I can post pictures!
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #15
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

If you're still looking for suggestions, Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner is amazing. It's my favorite gel liner. I have really oily lids and it doesn't smudge on me at all after it dries. I also set it with a black eyeshadow from Sephora just to be safe.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote