Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 02-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
breastsupport

Sona Buvelle Cosplay Help

I've started working on my cosplay for IPL6, but I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to sewing patterns. This is what I'm trying to make:

I figured since doing complicated stuff with sewing slays me, I could start with looking through my closet and seeing if there was anything in there that was the same style as the skirt / shirt. I found some things that I think might be useful!

If I remember correctly, you can't dye polyester. However, I was thinking that it might be possible to use this as a guideline for what I need. It's pretty much perfect for what I want, save for the color.

The skirt is relevant because it's the perfect length and it also fits me. I don't think sewing a skirt without pleats would be that complicated, but the thing is that I'm not sure as to what sewing patterns would get me the same shape as this. I'm fine with adding the little square, colored pieces and the ribbons with starts on the end--this just has me stumped.

Another thing I can't decide on is the material! For the skirt I think it would be really pretty if I used silk or satin, but they're both pretty expensive and if I balls things up...well, I don't want to be out a decent chunk of money. Also, silk isn't the best material for the newbie to start out with...

I guess what I'm looking for are suggestions. I know how I'll make the prop, accessories, etc. It's just these two things I can't figure out.
breastsupport is offline   Reply With Quote