Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 12-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Barrons

Thumbs down Marketplace Scammer ! User: KowalaTaco

This girl has been selling multiple costume son the marketplace, and I thought she seemed trustworthy.

After paying her 75.00 for a Tifa Lockheart Cosplay, that was supposedly going to be shipped out before thanksgiving, I didnt hear from her for two weeks.

After contacting her multiple times, I found her on facebook, where she says that she's had class, and is broke, ect. She used the money from me to buy her "rave gear", and had to wait until payday to ship out my costume...so unprofessional!

She said she would ship it out saturday 12/5/2012, along with refunding some of my money...and I have not heard from her since.

AD LINK: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...highlight=tifa

cosplay.com: kowalataco
tumbler: kowalataco
Deviantart: kowalataco
Facebook : facebook.com/kowalataco
Barrons is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Nvm
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
ScaryMissMerry

This is honestly why I think we need some kind of list or warning masterpost to call out scammers (not real names or anything, just their CosCom usernames), because these technically are not commissions so I don't think they should be treated the same way and put in the same thread. We need a review system at the very least.

True, scammers can go and make a new account if they wish if their name ended up on the list, but it will at least help with some things like older or closed threads. I found an old thread in the marketplace and bought something from a user and ended up getting scammed; it had only been posted once so I assumed the user just never got back to it or was hoping someone would PM them about it.

I've been scammed a total of twice, once in the old marketplace and now once in the new marketplace; both transactions were over $100, but I was able to get my money back from the 2nd one luckily because I was still within the Paypal time frame. Still, it's getting to be a little ridiculous, and what's worse is that it's always the same excuses from people: 'It must have gotten lost in the mail...I'm not responsible for things getting lost or misdelivered items...I think I wrote the address wrong on the package...' The person who scammed me last said the same thing but told me they were getting the package back and sending it to my house. Still haven't seen a single thing. Accidents can happen, but if you don't send me a tracking number like I asked/paid for, then how do I know you even shipped it out in the first place?

I'm not trying to play vigilante here or anything, but something really must done about all this that doesn't result in the Marketplace being taken down. I'm really sorry to hear that you got scammed Barrons! It's seriously getting old.

Momocon 2015
Kiyotaka Ishimaru / ??? / ???

2015 Potential Cosplays
-Komaru Naegi (Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode)
-Gaius (Fire Emblem)
-Nora Valkyrie {RWBunnY design} (RWBY)
-Agent Texas (Red vs. Blue)
ScaryMissMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

This person is back on the Marketplace trying to sell something else...
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote