Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 02-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #16
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Totally lol I had this guitar (I have another one now that's the exact same one, but the first one got stolen) and I named it "Lucy-fir"..It's like Lucifer but with the name "Lucy" lol I thought it was kool..Then again, That was like 9 1/2 years ago lol

My uncle did too..He use to name everything Bob..No idea why..He thought it was funny or something lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #17
Kildread
I can fix it!

Closest is naming my first computer 'Crashstation'.

Lucky for me, machines can be called "Hey you" without thinking about the repercussions it could have on their ego.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
Maurishio-kun
You can call me Mau

I name my sketchbooks after my original characters, until now I have Sissy I, Sissy II, Daisy I and Leo I.

And if this counts, I got names for some of my cars in video games, I have a Corvette in Gran Turismo 5 which I name "The Flying Orange" and an orange Lamborghini Reventón in Need For Speed Shift which I call "The Reventador".

CURRENT COSPLAYS

Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25%
Takato (Digimon Tamers) 50%
Leo (Barra / SuperCracks (Original) 45%

"There are only two things in this world that you can't change: The star we orbit and my opinion about adults"

-Annonymous-

Last edited by Maurishio-kun : 02-08-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
CosplayerKirito
"The Invisible"

Ah, Maurishio-kun, I named some of my cars on various games too. Had a 2001 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 which I named Bayside, after the best color for an R34 EVER!!! I had a Lamborghini Aventador that I named Death. (I kept crashing the damn thing) A Bugatti Veyron I named Lightning (After Lightning from FF12).
Heathcliff
Asuna
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Ino Yamanaka 75% (Need wig cut and styled)
Conventions Planned:
CosplayerKirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #20
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I only name things I've built or are otherwise unique (because I've already personalised them, so it makes sense to name them).

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #21
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

I name all my expensive electronics and items. My boyfriend names everything. Plushes, blankets, pillows, socks, everything. He gets emotionally attached to all things.

My first computer ever was named "Caroline" after the main character in Paradise Kiss. My portfolio book for college was called "Baby cakes" and I refereed to it often as my child, that thing cost me an arm and a leg. Courtesy of my boyfriend our plushes are named: "Ellie", "Rafael", "Sho", "Julius" (bf likes to add Ceaser), "Choco", "PenPen" "Mon Kats", etc etc I could go on for a while with all the things he names.
Sayaka (Puella Magi).....Progress 5%
Haruhi (OHSHC)............Progress 100%
Ruby (RWBY)...............Progress 80%

Cons for 2014:
Sac Anime Winter, AOD, NorCal Gathering Spring, Kraken Spring, EBRC Picnic, JPOP Summit, Sac Anime Summer, NorCal Gathering Summer, Yaoi Con, Japan EXPO, Jtown Magical Girls Gathering, Kraken Winter

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #22
Akahime
Red Princess

Despite the fact I really want to give my electronics names.... I never do. >>;; THOUGH my stuffed bears all have names. Hahaha. I always tempted to try to give my laptop at least a name as it's been with me almost seven years now (and still roaring to go). We'll see.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Anime Expo and Midoricon.
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
Altrus
I love dogs!

All my electronics have network names that are either Ponies or Biblical Apocrypha. Currently have: Enoch, Metatron, Nebuchadnezzar, Derpy-Hooves, and Luna.
Unread 02-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #24
Aeternus

Not usually, but there have been exceptions.

In school, my roommate and I took care of 3 little potted plants. We named them Larry, Curley, and Moe. Then part-way through the school year, we acquired a fourth plant and named it Colonel Klink.

A couple of friends and I enjoy naming cars. It started when one friend got herself a purple car, so we named it Barney (after the big purple dinosaur). When Barney died, my friend got herself a grey car, so we named it Babar. I recently got a car of my own and we tried to name it, but so far, nothing has really stuck so I just call it Car.
Aeternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #25
dwayna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Totally lol I had this guitar (I have another one now that's the exact same one, but the first one got stolen) and I named it "Lucy-fir"..It's like Lucifer but with the name "Lucy" lol I thought it was kool..Then again, That was like 9 1/2 years ago lol

My uncle did too..He use to name everything Bob..No idea why..He thought it was funny or something lol
Dude my bass guitar is named "Lucy". It used to be really cool when my friend and I were in a band and her guitar was named "Ricky".
dwayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #26
-Alicè-
-Lost in my own world-

Not so much Electronics, but I'm notorious for naming inanimate objects and then talking to them.

I named my old journal Marcus. At the time I was really into Resident Evil and thought the villain from RE0 was the best. My hot glue gun is named Regina, it's a bright pink so the mean girls reference just sort of fit far to well.

And then at work, in my department, we've got a bunch of mannequins we use to display coats and swimwear (seasonal stuff) we named them as well, but for the life of me I can't remember all their names. Samantha, Georgia, and then two others. We keep a list by the till so we can keep them straight.

The Little Mermaid - Ariel (95% Finished)
My Little Pony - Rarity (85% Finished)
Blindsprings - Tammy (10% Finished)

Do you have a tumblr? I follow back!
http://musesofspace.tumblr.com/
-Alicè- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #27
bloodypirate
Dust. Wind. Dude.

My friends and I lovingly refer to my GPS as Janet. Whenever it tries to direct us to a nonexistent road or exit (the map is a little outdated) we can then say, "Dammit, Janet."

Current Projects:
Princess Leia(Bespin outfit)(The Empire Strikes Back)-35%
Lady Eboshi(Princess Mononoke)-70%
Marion Ravenwood(Raiders of the Lost Ark)-60%
Next Convention: CONvergence
deviantArt page|tumblr|facebook page
bloodypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #28
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

I'm sorry; every time I see the thread title I read "intimate objects" instead of inanimate

Anyways..... I name a lot of my stuff, but most of it doesn't stick or just isn't useful. For example, my computer is The Heart of Gold (because my power source is a shiny metallic gold colour) and it follows that my HD is the Improbability Drive. But I never call my computer "The Heart of Gold" because it's sooo much easier to say "my computer" or "compy".

Names that have stuck are mostly for places - I have named all my homes since moving out of my parents' house. Places I've lived include: The Townhouse, Mushroom Kingdom, Arkham, the Batcave, the Lair, and My Sanctum Solarium.
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #29
cowsrcute

My laptop's name is Lappy. Yes, I am creative. =D
cowsrcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #30
belligerent
Viking Metal

Named my motorcycles after anime characters. The first one was a Yamaha Virago 250 I named Yohji. Then a 2003 Suzuki Marauder named Sanzo.

Have had a 2006 Honda 599 named Hakkai since 2008.

Also my car is Su(baru)-san, aka the Swedemobile. 2009 Legacy 2.5SE.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote