Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
BlazeofWar60
lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight View Post
plan more cosplay projects, plan for your next con
for me, its the only thing that helps
I second this. It seems to help me in most cases. The reason I think that people suffer from said post con depression is because of that feeling that the good times from the con won't come back ever again, and this is clearly not true! If you start planning out your next con (e.g. how to get there, what to eat, what to do, who to meet up with, etc.) then you'll be looking forward to it and there will be no room left for post con depression XD

Another method would be getting a new hobby. I guess cooking and writing stuff helps for me.

"This world is hell, we were born into hell. That doesn't change the fact that I can find ways to enjoy it."
"It's simply a matter of choice - this world sucks to you because you choose it to be so to you."
BlazeofWar60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #17
keimi

When waiting for the next con or beating the con depression, I usually work on cosplay. I even plan with friends what we are all wearing and who we are going as to it. I also think doing a photoshoot with some friends is a great way to wear your cosplay and get the convention vibe.
keimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #18
Loveable-Eve
Otome Trash

I get involved in the convention. I joined staff this year for Kumoricon and go to the monthly meetings. It helps fill that gap.
My friends and I have started monthly photoshoots as well which is great. It motivates me to get costumes done and I get to see my friends.
Like people have said, I get planing and working as well. I've started a few costumes now for next Kumoricon (which is at the end of summer). My friend and I are also working on our skit now so we don't have to rush.
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
L kun

I get that way also but i just start thinking about the next year and watch Anime:)
L kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Here are ones that work for me:
Start planning/working on/putting together new cosplays.
Get some new cosplay photos/do some photoshoots. (I don't do this one enough! I'm planning to, though)
Go to a cosplay meet-up or just cosplay with some friends.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #21
CautiousAmber

It's been two years since my last con, and there have been points of total agony because I want that experience again.

Luckily, it's really motivated me to plan out a BUNCH of new conventions to attend and cosplays to make this year. Plus I've found that researching everything I can and then sharing it with others that might also want to go has helped a lot. Getting others involved distracts me, and also makes me look forward to having an even better experience when i finally go back to a con.
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

Upcoming Events:
Nebraskon 2014, Katsucon 2015, Nakakon 2015, Colossalcon 2015

TUMBLR / FACEBOOK / COSPIX
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote