Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 02-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Bandaged looking gloves?

Do they make adult gloves that look like your hand is wrapped in bandages? I'm making a Cloud Strife cosplay and need to do this for one hand. I'd put up a pic, but it's VERY hard to see..And I guess I'm asking something pretty specific and easy to understand..

Well anyway, he wears fingerless gloves and his fingers are all wrapped up individually but I can't think of any way to do this if there aren't gloves..I tried searching for bandage gloves, mummy costume gloves and so on but come up with nothing..

Any ideas? And no, Ace bandage won't do much, because the only way to do that would be to wrap my whole hand, but that will make it so it won't fit into the glove so that's out.

Thanks
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Akaito (Vocaloid [Maybe])
-Link (Zelda OOT [Maybe])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
Penlowe

Get a cheap glove, like cotton photo gloves. Remove whatever bits you don't want covering your hand (fingers). Wrap your bandage fabric around it in the appropriate manner. Tack the bandages in place with pins or a stapler. Slip off the glove and use needle & thread to tack the strips in place. remove pins or staples.
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

I can try that..Not sure exactly what you mean by removing parts though....If I remove the fingers from the gloves they won't stay on my hand....and I don't want them to be attached to the main gloves..

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps8fa26ded.jpg
The left hand....Just in case anyone needs it..

I have black tux gloves I can wear under the brown ones (the brown ones are fingerless) so I can try that idea on the black glove. Thanks
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):

Dream cosplays for now:
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
why_00
Emileigh

I would personally wrap your arm in white bias tape. it's a lot thinner than ace bandages so it might be able to go under your glove better. The only other option I could see is to make your glove bigger.

I also second Penlowe's cutting off the Finger parts, leaving just the fabric that goes between the fingers as a strap of sorts.You'd want to create a finger out of the material you are using, and since it's going to be one piece of fabric wrapped around, you're going to have to sew it in place where ever it overlaps.

Last edited by why_00 : 02-24-2013 at 04:41 PM.
why_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Well the problem with actyally wrapping my hand is that because the stuff isn't sticky, it won't wrap around my fingers correctly. I need to cover my fingertips as well, but I can't do that and the times I WAS able to, I couldn't bend my fingers at all or it hurt.But I think I can use THAT on my glove instread of the ACE stuff I was originally thinking of using....
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):

Dream cosplays for now:
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
Evil Bishounen
Hail to the King

Wear 2 gloves on one hand: one with full fingers, with a fingerless glove worn over it.

Wrap the fingers of the under-glove in medical tape or athletic tape. These tapes are MUCH narrower than ACE bandage, so they're more suited to going around fingers. Furthermore, they're sticky so you don't have to worry about it shifting around; you can just adhere it to itself.

You could possibly just tape up your fingers instead and only wear the fingerless gloves, but how well the tape stays on will depend on how much your hands sweat. Plus, when it comes to using the bathroom, it will be way more convenient and sanitary if the tape is on a removable glove.

2014: Anime Los Angeles and whatever else falls into my lap

I now have a Tumblr. Sometimes I use it.
Evil Bishounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
violetlights
Pokemon Master

^^ Thats what my friend did for his Cloud cosplay. He took a pair of those latex gloves that doctors and dentists wear (so it wouldn't be too thick), wrapped the fingers with medical tape, and then put a pair of fingerless leather gloves on over them.
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Bishounen View Post
Wear 2 gloves on one hand: one with full fingers, with a fingerless glove worn over it.

Wrap the fingers of the under-glove in medical tape or athletic tape. These tapes are MUCH narrower than ACE bandage, so they're more suited to going around fingers. Furthermore, they're sticky so you don't have to worry about it shifting around; you can just adhere it to itself.

You could possibly just tape up your fingers instead and only wear the fingerless gloves, but how well the tape stays on will depend on how much your hands sweat. Plus, when it comes to using the bathroom, it will be way more convenient and sanitary if the tape is on a removable glove.
OH OH OH GOOD IDEA!!!! Thank you!! I totally forgot about that stuff....I'm just gonna do this..I could even buy a few tux gloves and do this to them so I have spare ones in case something happens to one of them..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):

Dream cosplays for now: