Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 02-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
Taikello

Mohawk Wig?

I'm very interested in cosplaying Zed from Lollipop Chainsaw, but he has a mohawk with clean shaved sides. My hair is too short, there fore the cut my own hair and what not idea is out.

Does anyone have any ideas for the Weft + Bald cap method? I don't want the cap to ripple though.

Reference:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...d/d7/Zed_3.JPG
Taikello is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

for a piece that tall i would build a foam base covered with the wefts. then after the bald cap it put on then glue it down
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
Taikello

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenerd93 View Post
for a piece that tall i would build a foam base covered with the wefts. then after the bald cap it put on then glue it down

Well, the wefts aren't very thick, so I wouldn't really need the foam base. I don't even know how to do that and i ddon't want to waste money.

Last edited by Taikello : 02-08-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Unread 02-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
trmbngrl
Britt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikello View Post
Well, the weft aren't very thick, so I wouldn't really ned the foam base. I don't even know how to do that and i ddon't want to waste money.
Well you're kind of stuck if you aren't willing to learn a new technique for this. :I
There isn't much you can do about the mohawk other than what that person suggested, or getting a specialty wig that is going to cost a lot more. It's not a waste of money IMO if you are learning.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Taikello

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
Well you're kind of stuck if you aren't willing to learn a new technique for this. :I
There isn't much you can do about the mohawk other than what that person suggested, or getting a specialty wig that is going to cost a lot more. It's not a waste of money IMO if you are learning.
The thing is, what if it goes wrong? What if I waste the wefts? What if the foam crumbles, or whatever?
If they would supply a tutorial, great, because I really can't find any.

I'm saving up 2000 to go to a Supernatural convention in Vancouver in august, and Zed is gonna be worn at a con in april. I don't want to screw up. I'm sure theres another way, and you could possibly give some other ideas, rather then getting mad at me for something I don't want to screw up due to money troubles.
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

the issue is that this type of wig needs the support its not cause of the weight of the wefts. Look up how they do yami wigs or big spikes then alter for this. This type of wig really hasnt been done before and if your really afraid of messing it up Id look into gettin it commissioned
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
trmbngrl
Britt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikello View Post
The thing is, what if it goes wrong? What if I waste the wefts? What if the foam crumbles, or whatever?
If they would supply a tutorial, great, because I really can't find any.

I'm saving up 2000 to go to a Supernatural convention in Vancouver in august, and Zed is gonna be worn at a con in april. I don't want to screw up. I'm sure theres another way, and you could possibly give some other ideas, rather then getting mad at me for something I don't want to screw up due to money troubles.
No I understand but... something like this really is new territory for most people. I honestly haven't found anything on making a mohawk. Wasn't mean to sound mad just... perhaps going for something more in your price range if you are worried about not pulling it off?
It's hard to do anything crafty with all those 'what ifs'. There isn't gonna be a specific tutorial that is readily found but... there are related tutorials that might help you along the way.
I still agree with the above poster though that your best bet is going to be starting with a bald cap and wefts sewn and pulled through the center of the bald cap. Secured however you would like, but there are PLENTY of tutorials for spiking hair, styling it, putting in certain shapes using felt and craft foam. There aren't many things that really haven't been done craftwise yet. (Although I wager to say a mohawk like this is probably close to one of them)
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
Taikello

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
No I understand but... something like this really is new territory for most people. I honestly haven't found anything on making a mohawk. Wasn't mean to sound mad just... perhaps going for something more in your price range if you are worried about not pulling it off?
It's hard to do anything crafty with all those 'what ifs'. There isn't gonna be a specific tutorial that is readily found but... there are related tutorials that might help you along the way.
I still agree with the above poster though that your best bet is going to be starting with a bald cap and wefts sewn and pulled through the center of the bald cap. Secured however you would like, but there are PLENTY of tutorials for spiking hair, styling it, putting in certain shapes using felt and craft foam. There aren't many things that really haven't been done craftwise yet. (Although I wager to say a mohawk like this is probably close to one of them)

No worries! Sorry. If you guys and send me these related tutorials that Wouk be great? I was just gonna slice the wig cap open and see the weft like that.
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

*Lunaladyoflight has done a wig this style. You can message her on deviantArt for tips.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote