Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 02-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
ApatheticTurtle

To Dye or Not to Dye

Yeah I am trying to cosplay as Sailor Pluto, and I want to know if this is too bright of a green, for her? This is the wig

So is this good enough or her hair? Or should I dye it? This is my first time cosplaying, so I want to atleast get it right.

Also I heard that you can dye a wig with sharpies, so if I were to dye this, how may markers would I need? Also what method of dying a wig should I use? Coloring it directly with a sharpie and run it under cold water/? Or Use rubbing alchohol?
ApatheticTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
risamori

You can color it directly with sharpie, but it's really time consuming and it may run if it gets wet or something. Honestly, unless you've already bought the wig, I'd just look for a different one that's closer to the color you want; dying is a pain when not necessary, and you should be able to find one in a darker color without too much difficulty.
risamori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #3
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

also there is a lot to take care of with sharpies/dying due to the material of the wig
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #4
dwayna

The Five Wits actually has a wig made for Sailor Pluto and I think Arda has some darker green colors that would work for Pluto.

I'd say you could dye it but you could save yourself some time by just buying a different wig.

Have you already bought your wig or are you simply looking at that wig?
dwayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
ApatheticTurtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayna View Post
The Five Wits actually has a wig made for Sailor Pluto and I think Arda has some darker green colors that would work for Pluto.

I'd say you could dye it but you could save yourself some time by just buying a different wig.

Have you already bought your wig or are you simply looking at that wig?
Yes I have already bought the wig.
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
ApatheticTurtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by risamori View Post
You can color it directly with sharpie, but it's really time consuming and it may run if it gets wet or something. Honestly, unless you've already bought the wig, I'd just look for a different one that's closer to the color you want; dying is a pain when not necessary, and you should be able to find one in a darker color without too much difficulty.
See I bought the wig, thinking it would be a right shade, but it's a little bit too bright. Yeah I heard something about directly coloring on the wig, and then running it with cold water or something. If I were to dye this what would recommend?
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
ApatheticTurtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenerd93 View Post
also there is a lot to take care of with sharpies/dying due to the material of the wig
Yeah i heard that I would have to have some wig shampoo or moisturizer or something like that? Idk, i'm still new to this.