Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 06-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Kielix

Warframe Rhino

Fellow Tenno, cosplayers, etc, I need your help.

I've been a fan of Warframe for a while now, and I've had a lot of fun playing it. I've talked to a lot of people about this game, both in real life, and from regularly stream this game on Twitch.tv, and the people that I've talked to really enjoy the game. I don't think this game necessarily needs more promoting, but hell, it couldn't hurt.

So, an idea that I had for promoting this game, as well as furthering my personal agenda, is making a Rhino cosplay.

Without making this a bleeding heart thread, all I'm going to say is that there are multiple reasons why I want to do this. I am going through massive changes, physically, and mentally. I'm going to try and make this thread one that I regularly post updates with my progress, but primarily, I wanted to make it primarily about making a full Rhino suit.

In short, I will say: I am not an engineer, I am not much of an artist, and I've never cosplayed before. This isn't going to be a suit made with spandex and taped plastic armor. This is going to be a masterpiece, and I'm planning on working for this in insane detail to get everything right.

Knowing these things, I feel kind of stupid to ask for help, regarding my lack of knowledge, but I'd be more than willing to try, and take any advice.

So, right now, I'm just drawing out rough sketches and just trying to get an understanding to the proportions of the frame. I'm also deciding what materials would be best to use.

In closing, I would like to ask anyone if they have any information that could help, such as:
-sketches
-wireframe or zbrush models
-specific recommended programs
-anything else I can't think of

Thanks for any help, I greatly appreciate it.

(Also, I have a thread that I posted an identical intro to this one on the Warframe forums. If you have a Warframe account, you can post there or here, it makes no difference to me, I'll be watching both threads very closely. I'll be updating them on a daily basis.

Here's the link:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.ph...rhino-cosplay/)
Kielix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Flanel_Platypus

Thumbs up

Hey, Kielix I've seen your thread on the Warframe wiki, I too (and three other friends) are going to attempt the same thing as you. to build some of the first Warframe cosplay suits. The most practical way we have come across to to this project in a timely manner and still get great results is to star off with a solid foundation. We think that warm water wetsuits will be a great base to build off of. (much more sturdy than those morph suits) these suits are already fairly close to the Warframe's shape/style. the next part is when it gets tricky we think that various high density foams will be the answer to building/sculpting the body panels, if we meet with success i will contact you with the results. (We are making Frost, Saryn, and Necros) You are not alone!
Flanel_Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote