Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > United Kingdom

Unread 02-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
ShadyBusiness

Cosplay at MCM

Hi!

I've never attended MCM before, so I have a few questions about cosplay at MCM.

I've visited several other conventions where a lot of cosplayers just sit outside, have fun, take pictures etc. Is this the case here as well or would I actually need to go inside the convention to be able to enjoy all of the cool cosplay (-and thus get a ticket)?
Will I be missing out on something if I don't buy a ticket? I don't particularly care about the dealersroom or the guests. When I come, it'll mostly just be because I like to cosplay myself and love seeing so much variety in costumes.

I'm really curious about how it all goes at MCM, so I'd love to hear your opinions. Thanks!
ShadyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #2
Julesie

I only went to MCM for the first time in October 2012 and I have to say inside was amazing for me. I'd never seen such a huge convention with so much room and so many places for cosplayers to hang around and to also get photos. I personally would recommend going inside at least one of the days, and, if you don't want to go in again you have only bought it for the day.

Have a fun time! ^_^
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
ShadyBusiness

Thank you for the info! I guess I can always attend one day and see how I like it.

Did you go the entire weekend in 2012? And if you did, would you say there's a difference in days? I mean, for example, is it better to go on a Saturday than on a Sunday?
ShadyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

to be honest, inside is just the dealers room, but LOTS of cosplayers hang out in the hall and stuff. outside is generally packed too, so if your just your just there for the social bits with friends cosplay meet ups and stuff, i dont really think you will be missing out on anything ^^

I've been to expo quite alot, (I need to go other conventions lol) and I can say Saturday is the busiest day. its really packed, but its fun ^^ Sunday is that same too, and Friday is just a chilled down day, perfect to start the weekends with and get all your con shopping done first.
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
KiraCosplayHai is offline   Reply With Quote