Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 02-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Khorrupt

The best insoles for shoes?

The shoes for my new cosplay are fine when worn for a while. Over an hour, and I'm screeeeewed.

So I wanted to get some decent insoles to put in them to make them less painful. Does anyone know of specifically good ones for heeled boots, that I can possibly get from somewhere not-online?
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

how high are the heels? id prob go with dr. scholls for women as they are made for heels.
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Any kind of Dr. Scholl's gel insole is awesome. I have them in all my shoes, cosplay or no. I have the ones for heels in my high heeled cosplay shoes, BUT I find it takes some tricky positioning on heels over 2" or it feels like you have a mound of gel in the arch of your foot and nothing cushioning the heel and toe where it aches. Any drugstore or walmart/target/whatever your big-box all-purpose store is should have them.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Khorrupt

I'm very bad at gauging the height of heels, but they're something like this --> http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/5...-shipping-.jpg

I wouldn't think that they're over two inches, haha.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, they'd probably be fine in those. I have them in my Quorra boots, by contrast, which are three and a half inches... in that case they stop short of the ball of my foot and just make me feel like I'm getting poked in the arches half the time.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote