Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 02-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
sillymyway

What's in your makeup bag?

So for the new con season that's around the corner, I'm really hoping to step my cosplays up by wearing makeup, since I've been told it can make all the difference. So I was wondering, what general makeup is it good to carry around with you during a convention for cosplays? I usually carry around some eyeliner and concealer, but I'm quite new to the makeup world so I bet I'm missing a lot of applicants. (First time posting, sorry if I leave anything out!)
TooManyGames
New York Comic Convention

.:2014 Cosplays:.
Ricken (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
gijinka! Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Nagisa Hazuki (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Ravio ( LOZ: A Link Between Worlds)
Charlie Vergier (Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure)

My deviantART: http://narusaku4eva44.deviantart.com/
sillymyway is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Hmmm. Bringing makeup and brushes to a convention depends on my cosplay list. My last convention I didn't practice my makeup beforehand, so I brought a bunch of pigment samples I didn't even use.
So that's my advice. Practice your makeup looks before your convention, and you'll know what to bring. As for things to carry while wandering the con: powder, blotting papers, and my lip product(s) of choice. And eye drops when I wear my contacts.

And here's my general makeup bag list: two face primers, eye primer, eye shadow, pencil and gel liner, brow powder, foundation, blush, mascara, lashes and lash glue, lip products (liner, lipstick, and/or gloss), and any other items I need per cosplay. I also bring my bag of makeup brushes and lash curler. It is an awful lot of stuff...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Lyrt
Sheepy King of Sheeplings

If you don't use makeup often be sure to practice it beforehand, especially with eyeliner. If not you might be stuck applying and reapplying it until it looks right, and it takes up much time.

Ah! And my basic bag has: One creme concealer, one crayon concealer, primer, nude eye shadow pallet, mascara, liquid liner, foundation/bb creme, blush, crayon liner, lash glue, lashes, lip color.

But every person's bag varies on what they use and who they cosplay, its best to take your time with trying out different applications to decide what you want to get.
Lyrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

I have the big bag in the hotel and the small bag for touch ups.

I bring my face primer, liquid foundation, concealer, powder foundation, contour powder, blush or lipstick (I use lipstick for blush a lot), setting powder, eye primer, black gel liner, black pencil liner, brown pencil liner, white pencil liner, black and brown shadows to set the liners, a cream colored shadow to set and for a highlight for the eyes, any shadow I'll need for the cosplay (usually a color close to my skin color and a brown for contouring), mascara, lip primer, lip balm, and whatever lipcolor I need.

For the small bag for touchups, I bring my setting powder, blotting papers, contour powder, blush, all the pencil liners, lip balm, and the lipcolor I need for that day, a hand mirror, and any brushes I need to apply my makeup.

I also have a third bag that I just fill with all my makeup brushes.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote