Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeNEXT

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
MJP

Cosplay Chess and Dating Game Applications are OPEN!

Hello Coscom-goers! We're still putting word out on social media and the ANext website, but we figured we'd find the usual suspects here to announce that the official AnimeNext 2013 Game Show applications are open!

We love seeing familiar faces as much as we love giving newbies their debut, so please don't hesitate to put in an application! Remember to include photos of your completed costume on a publicly-accessible link (no Facebook links, please - Imgur or other open shares so we can see them!) and to have your current contact info in the application too.

Chess info page and application: http://www.animenext.org/events/game...cosplay-chess/
(Theme for 2013: Anime vs. Video Games)

Dating Games info page and application: http://www.animenext.org/events/game...y-dating-game/

We look forward to seeing what you have to bring forth! Questions or concerns? We'll keep our eyes on this thread, but you can always PM me or CommieChris, or email gameshows@animenext.org!

Have a great time at AnimeNext and good luck with your cosplay creations!

Last edited by MJP : 05-17-2013 at 08:28 AM.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
chrono4281
Chrno

Do I have to have been registered already to apply? I'd like to apply for Chess as Rose from Street Fighter and Dating Game as Flea from Chrono Trigger
chrono4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
MJP

Nope! You don't have to be registered or pre-registered to apply. You will of course need to be registered to show up, though.
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
CommieChris
the Miss in misdemeanor

Hello,
Just wanted to bump this up - we've got a number of applicants already in, but definitely need more for two full events!

We just had a preliminary schedule released to staff, and the 18+ Dating Game will be SATURDAY night, after the masquerade, unlike our usual Friday night (all-ages will still be midday Saturday) Our #1 feedback every year is needing a larger room since we had to turn away so many people it breaks our hearts </3 and this was the only way we could secure a late night room that can (hopefully!) fit everyone wanting to attend.

We also of course are in need of many more chess pieces! I know ACen is this weekend, and Anime Boston is the following, so we might be pushing back the deadlines so you all can get your new costumes updated and submitted!

I should note that for the purposes of the chess match, things such as Adventure Time/My Little Pony/Homestuck/etc are not going to count as they are not primarily anime or video games. We're a little more flexible with Western pop culture with the Dating Game due to the nature of the events, so if you want in for chess make sure you apply with someone else! You can email gameshows@animenext.org if you need to add an outfit, don't have to fill out the form again.

Last edited by CommieChris : 05-17-2013 at 08:29 AM.
CommieChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
ShinigamiKaitou
Manic Mazoku

Whats the deadline? I'm trying to get a friend to take my pictures...I have a few but I want to submit more than one cosplay...
Inazuma Eleven: Kazemaru, possibly Katora if I finish her
Sailor Moon: Naru Osaka/Molly/Princess Venus
Symphogear: Amou Kanade (hopefully...)
Hunter X HunterL Illumi Zoaldyk
ShinigamiKaitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
MJP

The deadline is currently May 25th. If it looks like things are getting close and you don't have anyone available to take photos, feel free to email gameshows@animenext.org and we'll see what we can arrange.
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
CommieChris
the Miss in misdemeanor

Alright, so due to the holiday/other cons happening this weekend, we are pushing back the deadline to MAY 29TH @ 10AM (I think this happens every year, when will we learn ) We will have send out all notifications by noon most likely that day.

We are still in need of more people to apply for both events - Dating Game in that we might have a larger block of time than expected so if we have the numbers, we could possible do a 4th round for All-Ages, and for Cosplay Chess we have about 30-40% more costumes submitted for the Video Game side than Anime/Manga, but of course we still want more applicants for everything
Unread 05-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Just posted on the AN forums too but... Working on my costume now, I'll try to have photos of it by the 29th, but if it's not done are semi-complete photos good enough? And what day is the Cosplay Chess?

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
MJP

If you do apply with the partial, no worries - just email gameshows@animenext.org with a completed one when it's available..
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
If you do apply with the partial, no worries - just email gameshows@animenext.org with a completed one when it's available..
Okay, thanks!

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
CommieChris
the Miss in misdemeanor

You've got until tomorrow morning to get those applications in!
We hope to send out notifications later that day.
Unread 05-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
CommieChris
the Miss in misdemeanor

Notifications for Cosplay Chess are all out, we hope to finish up Dating Game and send those out tonight, or tomorrow morning at worst - alas, my partner in crime and I both had real life nonsense pop to deal with that pushed our things back a bit.

We will be keeping the forms open, if anyone was interested in applying to be an alternate/at-call participant (we ALWAYS utilize a handful each year) and just didn't get to finish their costume in time.

If you applied for Cosplay Chess and didn't get an email at the address you applied with, let me know and we can look into it.
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
Ron Jr

Missed this. It would have been fun having Vader in the 18+ dating game.
Ron Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #14
CommieChris
the Miss in misdemeanor

You can still apply as an alternate - no promises of course, but every year there's a few drop outs/last minute switches that are needed.

And this year we have a much bigger room for 18+ so I don't anticipate problems with capacity like in the past!
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
CommieChris
the Miss in misdemeanor

At this time all Dating Game notifications are out. Much like chess, if you didn't receive anything at the email you listed in your application please contact us at gameshows@animenext.org so we can look into it.

See you all at the con