Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
jetkev

Post achat d'un costume

Bonjour, je suis nouveau et j'aimerais acheter un costume, celui de "Ave Ventura" mais j'ai l'impression que l'on ne peut pas acheter, es ce possible ou pas ?
Merci.
jetkev is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Do you mean Ace Ventura?
It may be that you will have to search for costume pieces for that costume. I think because what he wears can usually be found in real clothing stores, that no one has specifically made a costume for him. Although if you are really going for screen accuracy, you may want to check on TheRPF for threads about costuming for Ace Ventura. People on there would probably know where to get the right shirt, exact belt, and pants etc for that costume.

If that isn't who you are talking abut, then this probably won't help much

But generally, if a character has normal looking clothing, you'd be better off finding clothing that matches in a normal clothing store rather than buying a costume from a cosplay-house type website (you know the ones based in Japan, China, or Singapore), because the quality and authenticity will be better (this is especially true for live-action costuming). If the costume is something extravagant, then getting a custom commission from someone familiar with live-action costuming is also an option.

Hope that helps. I would have typed this in French, but my grammar is awful and you probably wouldn't have been able to understand what I was saying