Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 03-07-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
Denisse

Yuna Gunner and Sango

See im a newbie but what do you think of my sango and yuna.Got to my site and click costumes
http://www.geocities.com/candylesscosplay/home

Ps sign then Guest Book PLease...

Unread 03-08-2004, 01:12 AM   #2
Seraphims
You don't Nyo me

The Yuna is pretty good, A couple things I noticed were The tank top underneath, I don't think it's black, and the side skirt doesn't stretch that far around. And maybe a little more blue
Seraphims is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2004, 01:41 AM   #3
Kokuu
Armed and Dangerous

I guess my biggest pet peeve would be the skirt- since I haven't seen many Yuna's get this correct. The side skirt should be a gradient blue- darker at the top, lighter at the bottom of each panel. For my Yuna skirt, I cut strips of white fabric, took blue dye and painted it on, so there is a gradient. It's very time consuming, but I think the result was well worth it. There should also be a little bit of "floof" in the skirt, since I don't think it's completely flat, but that's open to interpretation. (Damn inconsistencies of graphics)
Kokuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2004, 01:57 AM   #4
Denisse

Thanks for the advice ^______^
The skirt is darker though ithink it was the flash that made it look light cause i t-dyed it and oh well *DAM the Flash.*
Unread 03-12-2004, 04:18 PM   #5
Adara

Your Yuna is very good, the only things i noticed were the same things that Seraphims and Kokuu already said.
Your Sango is also good--the only thing that isnt completely accurate is the green wrap. The color is a bit off, and it should be up a little higher.
Other than that, you did really good job! ^__^

2011 cosplay: Bellatrix LeStrange, Alice (SyFy miniseries)
Adara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2004, 05:00 PM   #6
lainey
D2R Cosplay

i guess it's too late...but a lighter cotton would have been better to give the skirt that "floof" as kokuu suggested.

the symbol should just exist in the middle part of the top (where the skin is), and i'd suggest a larger lace for the shirt because i can barely see it O-o

but omigosh, that's like a PERFECT colour for the hood, and your hood looks great! *envious*
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2004, 10:33 PM   #7
Denisse

Thanks sickness and lainey.
Lol im going to be re newing the shirt cause i really dont like the first one that much and ill be taking new pictures also sence ive got my Yuna look a like boots today.
Unread 03-13-2004, 08:56 AM   #8
lainey
D2R Cosplay

yeah, do gradient dying for the skirt.

i used a crimple cotton for mine. it's a spring type of fabric, it's probably out now in fabric stores.

and i realized that you're missing the yellow rope stuff that goes around her waist
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2004, 09:23 PM   #9
Denisse

oh kewl.
ill see if i can find it.lol im going to the fabric store.
Unread 03-20-2004, 12:02 AM   #10
Hametsu no Kaze

on your sango: its a really good costume and i think you did a better job than a lot of others.
I actually like the green for the skirt even though it probably is more accurate to use a slightly lighter and a tinge more yellowish than blueish green... but who can really say from the pictures anyway, it varies. the green skirt should be a little higher at the waist i think.
i will be a perfectionist and tell you what I do see as a little off from what I understand the costume looks like... the dark pink on the yukata is not perfect on the top of the outfit... it doesn't come down that low, it should end right on her chest i think and there isn't that light pink spot in-between on the top... the dark pinks just don't line up at the place where the yukata folds onto the other side, its not that theres a break in the dark pink where there's light. in other words, for the dark pink your right side should be higher up than your left but not have a break in the color (i hope i explained that so you can understand what i mean, i tried not to be unclear but i think i was... I can tell you tried hard for the right look here but maybe you might take another look at some source pics cause from what I remember its a little off) i also don't believe the dark pink goes that far onto the shoulders but i know i've seen that differ on different pictures as well.
also maybe take the sleeves up a little? they look a bit long
gah i feel like i did alot of nitpicking but i do think it is a good costume. and i doubt most people would notice the things i brought up...
Hametsu no Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2004, 06:49 PM   #11
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

The Yuna tis very good. Only thing that I noticed was the yellow rope around her waist was missing and the Zanarkand symbol on her chest looked out of place...try taking see through fabric (like they use in dance costumes to make them look two peiced) and put the black on top of it (this is the only good way I can think to do it). You'll have to hand so it though because the see-through fabric snags easily. The black shouldn't go onto the white either. I know the shirts hard to make so props for the good job! The Sango tis good too. The green just needs to higher on the waist and maybe fix up the shirt a bit. Other than that, goodness!
_Mandy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2004, 11:17 AM   #12
cutekawaii
Cos-BUSINESS

Yuna belt..

Also the arm band looks like it's sagging. Try finding yellow pleater. They are also tied with black, not white. And the hood looks just a littttle too big.

The Sango top doesn't really fit you right... I couldn't tell you why, though, just work on making it look more streamlined.

~Nikki
cutekawaii is offline   Reply With Quote