Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 02-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Wizard Swears

Daryl Dixon Cosplay Help!

Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I'm hoping to get some ideas on what clothing he actually wears. Daryl Dixon is a character from The Walking Dead series, and I plan on cosplaying as him at Comic Con San Diego and Anime Expo this year. I already know what his leather vest, knife, crossbow, and poncho is. I currently own the vest and poncho material, and I have ordered the knife. I believe his boots are Red Wings, so I will also be purchasing those. I'm also pretty sure I know what his belt is. It appears to be a black security belt and a brass, blank oval buckle? I'm not sure what they're called, exactly. I also know what the quiver and tie is, so no problem with that.

What I DO need help with is the undershirt and pants. And any other little accessories he might carry? I've looked at a lot of pictures, and it looks like he carries a rag with him? I'm also not sure about any other weapons he has besides the knife and crossbow. Anyways, let's get to pictures. I plan on cosplaying him from the third season, so I will try and place up some pics where you can see the undershirt/pants. Maybe someone can identify the brand?

Undershirt picture 1
Fullbody pic?
Undershirt picture 2
Tumblr picture
Fullbody pic
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

If anyone knows what type of pants those are, it would REALLY help me. The undershirt might be a Levi's Corduroy Trucker dyed? If it IS, what dye should I use on it? If it isn't, what shirt IS it? Can anyone identify the sheath he uses for his knife? If anyone can identify anything, please let me know. Even the backpack he's using in the picture labeled 'Pic 1' would be cool to have! Although that isn't necessary. xP

So far I own/am getting: Vest, poncho, shoes, belt/belt buckle, crossbow, knife, makeup.
What I don't own/need to get/needs to be identified: What is his quiver made out of?, pants, undershirt, knife sheath, backpack ( optional ), any accessories you can spot. Anything I'm missing at all? Thank you!
Wizard Swears is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
Wizard Swears

I just received my vest today, but I am still looking for help on the things listed! If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. ^ ^ I am going to go look at cheap stores and see if I can find similar things today, as a lot of his shirts are pretty plain, and men's jeans should be easy to fit into the pants.
Unread 02-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Identity-Crisis

His quiver looks almost like it was made out of rolled up plastic or something.

For clothing, are you looking for a screen accurate id or just something close?
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
Wizard Swears

The quiver might be that, although I haven't started making it, yet. I intend to make the crossbow, first! ^ ^

Screen accuracy would be nice, as I have the actual vest and poncho. I've put quite a bit of money into it so far. As close as I could get would also work, as I don't want to be 'too' picky about it. I don't want to run out of time. xP
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Identity-Crisis

I wouldn't know what else to suggest because his clothing is pretty generic and I don't know much about clothing brands.
Checking out some thrift stores might not be a bad idea.
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Speeddymon

Hi, I know the thread is dead. I wanted to ask the OP a question since SDCC was earlier this year, as I am looking to kind of replicate the DD look for myself as a general look (not for cosplay but for my everyday look, so minus the knife, crossbow, bolts, quiver, etc).

Do you mind sharing what you did in regards to acquiring the items you were missing, and also what the items were (brand names I mean) that you already had before you posted this thread?

I'm especially curious about the leather vest and the boots. It doesn't have to match exactly, but I do want it to be semi-close. For the boots, I know you said that you thought they were Red Wings... Did you ever confirm that?
Speeddymon is offline   Reply With Quote