Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 02-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
ChibiNeriBuni
Baby Cosplayer

Question Help with Jack Frost Bottoms

In a month I am going to MegaCon and I decided to go as female Jack Frost everything looks exactly like male Jack Frost but I will have longer hair since I know there are going to be acouple of Jacks walking around.

Anyways I am finished with everything...except the pants, I painted them made them look kinda like his but the problem I am having is putting the leather straps on. One I don't know where to find leather straps and two I don't know how to attach them to the pants without them falling off. Not sure if I should hot glue them or sew them on.

Cosplays:
Amethyst (Steven Universe) 100%,Harley Quinn [O.L] (Batman),Aoba Serageki (Dramatical Murder) 80%, Clear (Dramatical Murder) ,Shion No.6 100%,Hanji Zoe (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Mako date outfit (Kill la Kill) 90%,Rei (Free!) 95%, Nai (Karneval) 90%, Satsuki Momoi (Kurko no Basket) 40%

Makoto (Free!),Monaco {Hetalia} (planning), Sailor Neptune (planning), Neo Queen Serenity (planning)
ChibiNeriBuni is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

I would sew them on. Craft stores may have thinner spools/cards of leather. I've seen some at my local Michael's. Good luck!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
ChibiNeriBuni
Baby Cosplayer

Thanks! I will check JoAnn and Micheal's today!

Cosplays:
Amethyst (Steven Universe) 100%,Harley Quinn [O.L] (Batman),Aoba Serageki (Dramatical Murder) 80%, Clear (Dramatical Murder) ,Shion No.6 100%,Hanji Zoe (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Mako date outfit (Kill la Kill) 90%,Rei (Free!) 95%, Nai (Karneval) 90%, Satsuki Momoi (Kurko no Basket) 40%

Makoto (Free!),Monaco {Hetalia} (planning), Sailor Neptune (planning), Neo Queen Serenity (planning)
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

I don't think either will have what you want. You need them pretty thin and a weird color I've never seen at Joanns (never seen ANY at Micheal's).

I use ejoyce.com for all of my vinyl strap needs. They are very good and a great price.
http://www.ejoyce.com/pmain?cmd=e_vi...038&size =5mm
Ivory is brobably the closest.

EDIT: Oh yea, and just sew it on. You can sew it at the start, then wrap it, then sew at the end if you want. That's what I did here (on the leggings, but I used ribbon) :
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3299181/
Or you can do the same thing, but sew a little along the length every little while to keep them in place better.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #5
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

You could also use hand-painted bias tape if you cannot find suitable leather/suede. By hand painted I mean, weather the tape so it doesn't look so "fresh".
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
ChibiNeriBuni
Baby Cosplayer

Thanks! And yeah I didnt see what I was looking for for in JoAnns and I really didnt want to order anymore things online since I have been having issues with some stuff being late but its not jack without those leather looking wraps around his legs. ^^ If not I will do the tape method.

Cosplays:

Unread 02-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
harmonyisarine

Do a search to see if there's a Tandy Leather store within reach of you. They usually have a far wider selection of leather cording than a craft store does, but they're less common.
harmonyisarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #8
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Well the ejoyce ones I linked, I ordered 3 different times from them and all 3 times they all came within the a week. I think it was something like 5 or 6 days or something like that.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote