Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 02-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Ink
We're all mad here!

I need suggestions.

So, I went to see Rise of the Guardians the other day. It's amazing, I really loved it. Can't wait for the DVD. And now I've thought of nothing else but cosplaying Pitch, even though I have several projects lined up. But I thought I'd get a head start on the planning process, at least.

http://images.wikia.com/villains/ima...IANS-PITCH.jpg

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...6-662-1000.jpg

Now, I have two major problems here.

The first is the front of the robe. He has a very (very, very) deep V there, but since I am rather large-chested I can only get flat if I use a compression shirt. Meaning: I need to make that V a LOT less deep, or fake it somehow. What is the best way to alter the robe to make the change as discreet as possible?

The second problem is the end of his not-quite-sleeves. They kind of... blend into his skin. Now, I hate using anything like paint on my hands, so I was going to make a pair of gloves out of tights with fake nails on them, but is there ANY way I can get that effect with the sleeves? I mean, if nothing can be done I'll just make normal sleeves, but I'd like to make it as close as I can possible get it.

Thank you for any suggestions
And the mome raths outgrabe."
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Penlowe

I would do the same treatment with both the V and the sleeves- paint in the fade on the fabric. The V can be cut into the coat, but have a second under layer that is cut high around the neck painted to create the fade effect. The sleeves will be harder because, well, he is wearing a coat that fades into his skin O.o perhaps a sheer fabric cut to go up to the knuckles or even all the way into gloves.
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Ink
We're all mad here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penlowe View Post
The V can be cut into the coat, but have a second under layer that is cut high around the neck painted to create the fade effect.
I was thinking something similar, but it would be hard to hide the fabric edge unless I modify the coat-pattern. I suppose I could try to fit it high enough so it ends just under my chin, but I'd probably be so paranoid about it showing that I'd tilt my head down and get a double-chin in every picture instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penlowe View Post
The sleeves will be harder because, well, he is wearing a coat that fades into his skin O.o perhaps a sheer fabric cut to go up to the knuckles or even all the way into gloves.
I could make full-length gloves and just sew them to the robe instead of sleeves, but it might be tricky to find the right material. It would obviously have to match the cloak, visually at least, while at the same time being sheer and thin enough so it won't look too thick over my hands. Then I'd have to dye them to get that grey-to-black look... though I'd have to figure out how to do that. I've never dyed anything before, much less two-toning it.
And the mome raths outgrabe."
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote