Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 02-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #16
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Yep, that was me.

So it's not that much different than on the mainland, alright. From the stories I've been told, every little storm is like a hurricane on steroids. xD
Haha where do you get your information XD

Auron:Complete
Lenalee:Complete
Road Kamelot: Need a wig
Honey-chan: 50%
Marceline: 0%
Marshall Lee: 0%
Apollo.gandin33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #17
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittan View Post
I'm from the cape too, haha.
Not that I like it here >>
Woah there's another cape codder on here? :O haha
Why don't you like the cape?

Unread 02-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #18
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo.gandin33 View Post
Haha where do you get your information XD
Grandmother who used to live there. You know how it is. xD

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #19
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Yeah it's the FFX Auron ^^
I'm a crossplayer too well sorta. I'm a ftm tranny so it cross playing physically not mentally.
I basically cosplay whomever I find awesome and/or cute x3

That's wicked cool that you make AMVs! I can't figure out how to make them for the life of me x.x and awwww I can't see your other AmV cuz I'm only 17 T^T so close yet so far

I'll definitely try to check out those events! I just have to prepare myself before hand because I'm sociaphobic so uh yeah people scare me XD I was terrified most of last year(first time going) and spent the majority of the con in my room haha I hope I can spot ya in the crowd ^^

Also, I'm really sorry about your friends being indisicive. I'm a major planner when it comes to any kind of event and all my friends are last minute people so it really stresses me out. I completely understand and I hope the figure it out ASAP :3

Ah! Good game.

Oh, no kidding.... I am MtF myself. Same here, physically, crossplaying, but mentally, it's right. *Shrug* I love doing whoever I think is cute too, but I am told I am better for mature women. *Shrug*.... so this year, I am going a biiiiiiit more mature. Wish I could pull off cute. ):

Lol, yep. Been making AMVs since 2006. I got into AB 2008 and 2011's finalists. Didn't win either sadly. Yeah, sorry, one more year. I do them pretty basic really. I swore not to retire from AMV making UNTIL I have won SOMETHING at Anime Boston, lol.

Awe, no need to be! D:.... Trust me, I was at 2005 (my first) too, but now, I am far more engaging and fun loving. I am more quiet outside of the convention, but inside, I am all over the place. xD.... Not like.... annoying, but I love taking part in things if I can. I figure the best way to make a con amazing is to live it to the fullest, and to do that, you have to be PART of it. I hope I can spot you too! Kind of short for a guy *5'6"* so it isn't like I am going to be towering over people. If you see me, that's cool. :3

Thanks! I hope so too. None of them are keeping in contact with me about what they are doing. If they want to go, they need to speak up. :/.... With or without them, I AM going. Hell or high water.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #20
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcenciel View Post
Ah! Good game.

Oh, no kidding.... I am MtF myself. Same here, physically, crossplaying, but mentally, it's right. *Shrug* I love doing whoever I think is cute too, but I am told I am better for mature women. *Shrug*.... so this year, I am going a biiiiiiit more mature. Wish I could pull off cute. ):

Lol, yep. Been making AMVs since 2006. I got into AB 2008 and 2011's finalists. Didn't win either sadly. Yeah, sorry, one more year. I do them pretty basic really. I swore not to retire from AMV making UNTIL I have won SOMETHING at Anime Boston, lol.

Awe, no need to be! D:.... Trust me, I was at 2005 (my first) too, but now, I am far more engaging and fun loving. I am more quiet outside of the convention, but inside, I am all over the place. xD.... Not like.... annoying, but I love taking part in things if I can. I figure the best way to make a con amazing is to live it to the fullest, and to do that, you have to be PART of it. I hope I can spot you too! Kind of short for a guy *5'6"* so it isn't like I am going to be towering over people. If you see me, that's cool. :3

Thanks! I hope so too. None of them are keeping in contact with me about what they are doing. If they want to go, they need to speak up. :/.... With or without them, I AM going. Hell or high water.
See I can pull off cute guys but I kinda really fail at the mature/more masculine ones x.x haha

As for not winning, I bet you can do it ^^ I'd love to come see your entries this year~ just let me when they'd be up and if I don't have a shoot then I'll be there. I'd like to sign up for the masquerade one year but I can't construct a skit, dance, or join any others because I lack the needed cosplays x.x lol there goes my hope of competing in anything

That's my plan for this year! I really have worked on my anxiety and i'll be with closer friends this year so I'll be all set~ we should set up a place to meet up once we figure out our schedules. That way we can definitely see each other! (please don't mistake my enthusiasm for creepy stalkerness >.>).

Oh and I just found out that on here and on the anime Boston forums people post threads on extra space for roomies you could always just there if your friends (are mean and) bail

Unread 02-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #21
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Grandmother who used to live there. You know how it is. xD
Ahhh okay that makes much more sense XD

Unread 02-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #22
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
See I can pull off cute guys but I kinda really fail at the mature/more masculine ones x.x haha

As for not winning, I bet you can do it ^^ I'd love to come see your entries this year~ just let me when they'd be up and if I don't have a shoot then I'll be there. I'd like to sign up for the masquerade one year but I can't construct a skit, dance, or join any others because I lack the needed cosplays x.x lol there goes my hope of competing in anything

That's my plan for this year! I really have worked on my anxiety and i'll be with closer friends this year so I'll be all set~ we should set up a place to meet up once we figure out our schedules. That way we can definitely see each other! (please don't mistake my enthusiasm for creepy stalkerness >.>).

Oh and I just found out that on here and on the anime Boston forums people post threads on extra space for roomies you could always just there if your friends (are mean and) bail

Well, that is the thing. I would love cute girls myself. I suppose that's the thing with us crossplayers/trans people. Men have a harder time doing cute, women have a harder time doing mature. s:.... Oh well. Try our best, right?

Sure, lol. IF I can get them done. s:... I really want to do three videos, but jeez, the issues and procrastination that ensues. I just hope SOME video can make it into the finalists. My 18+ video oughta be funny. >_> As for the masquerade, I been interested in that myself, but at the same time, I know I would hit some nasty stage fright, lol. I don't do dance, but drama, I love. I am sure you can get into competing in SOMETHING.

Lol, it's funny how people assume they are creepy stalker just because they simply want to meet up and such. I never see people like that. People who want to meet and show interest in me make me happy. I love meeting new people myself. The thing about meeting up is, it's hard without a schedule. I did well last year though. Of all my online friends, I only missed one. (Because last year, he had me under the impression he was a girl, and seemed to have purposely avoided me. He told me the truth, and wants to meet up this year.) ... So yeah, usually, I am good with that.

Oh, my friends are awesome, just, I dunno what will happen. Also, the fact I AM TG/Crossplay would turn a lot of people off of me anyways, lol. *Shrug* I am just going to hope they can all make it. :/

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #23
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Well, that is the thing. I would love cute girls myself. I suppose that's the thing with us crossplayers/trans people. Men have a harder time doing cute, women have a harder time doing mature. s:.... Oh well. Try our best, right?
Just going to jump in real quick:
It just figures, doesn't it? We all want what we can't have. I wish I could pull of more mature characters, but the only guys I can play well are prepubescent. We all try our best, yeah, but wouldn't it be nice if we had a mode-switch function that let us be tall and mature on command, or short and cute whenever we feel like it?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #24
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
It just figures, doesn't it? We all want what we can't have. I wish I could pull of more mature characters, but the only guys I can play well are prepubescent. We all try our best, yeah, but wouldn't it be nice if we had a mode-switch function that let us be tall and mature on command, or short and cute whenever we feel like it?
Haha yeah it does! x3
Also, That would be, like, crazy awesome o-o

Unread 02-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #25
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:

Lol, it's funny how people assume they are creepy stalker just because they simply want to meet up and such. I never see people like that. People who want to meet and show interest in me make me happy. I love meeting new people myself. The thing about meeting up is, it's hard without a schedule. I did well last year though. Of all my online friends, I only missed one. (Because last year, he had me under the impression he was a girl, and seemed to have purposely avoided me. He told me the truth, and wants to meet up this year.) ... So yeah, usually, I am good with that.

Oh, my friends are awesome, just, I dunno what will happen. Also, the fact I AM TG/Crossplay would turn a lot of people off of me anyways, lol. *Shrug* I am just going to hope they can all make it. :/
Super yays~! I'll make sure to wear my Road Kamelot cosplay when I see you that way I can give you candy~! (Road is a younger girl that is almost always found with sweets so I thought I'd pass some out as a way to bring my character to life more as well as make it easier to interact with people ^^)

Oh yeah...I didn't think of that. Being an FtM I get a lot more slack and people quickly adjust. Jeez, I don't think I'd last as a MtF ^^;;
Well I really hope your friends do go. If they can't do you atleast have a backup plan?

Unread 02-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #26
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Oy, tell me about it. I would never, ever be tall and mature ever. Well, I am kind of short for a biological male *5'6"* so that makes me happy. I'd be happier if I could ever pull my makeup off to being really cute and girly. :/.... but that's life for ya. Even a "switch bodies" ability where we can be someone else, like me switching with a girl, and the girl switching with me, so she can be a guy as a guy, and I could be a girl as a girl or something. That would be cool.... but creepy at once too I suppose.

Quote:
Super yays~! I'll make sure to wear my Road Kamelot cosplay when I see you that way I can give you candy~! (Road is a younger girl that is almost always found with sweets so I thought I'd pass some out as a way to bring my character to life more as well as make it easier to interact with people ^^)

Oh yeah...I didn't think of that. Being an FtM I get a lot more slack and people quickly adjust. Jeez, I don't think I'd last as a MtF ^^;;
Well I really hope your friends do go. If they can't do you atleast have a backup plan?
Never heard of her, but yay! Pocky last year, candy this year? Already looking up! .... I see she is from D Grayman from what Google tells me. I will keep that in mind.

Yeah, FtM is more common at cons than FtF. ..... Atleast I think. I see more girls dressed up as Finn, Hetalia characters, Ouran characters, and many pretty boys. xD.... I think I should even the playing field and give another female character to the con. ... Yeah, lasting as a MtF kinda sucks. >_<....

Nope, no backup plan sadly.... I am really worried if that was to happen. Really worried. I am just praying though. MAYBE I can pull off something, but I really don't know. :/

Unread 03-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #27
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Welcome to cosplay.com! I'm in the MA area too! Currently going to college in Boston and it's the best! I love that city, the public transportation is so wonderful lol

If you're able to go to Anime Boston you may also be able to go to Arisia and Boston Comic Con as both of those conventions are in the center of Boston (BCC is at the Pru as far as I understand) and Arisia is at the Boston Convention Center (which is a 10min drive from the Pru). So those may be conventions you can go to if you're looking for more cons to attend.

Also as far as flying to cons goes, if you pack one large suitcase usually they don't charge you for that (although there usually is a 50lb limit). If you fly often enough you can get miles and earn status that will waive that limit in case you were interested lol Just choose an airline you really like, one that flies to all your desired destinations, and stick with it. Those miles also can give you discounts or free trips, which is always nice

Anyways, maybe I'll see you at a con one day!

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #28
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

The convention center at the Prudential is actually the Hynes Convention Center. I don't know where the BCC is.

Unread 03-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #29
Aloof
Ace Attorney Fan <3

Hi there! I'm also from New England, too. I'm going to be cosplaying this year also.
Aloof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #30
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloof View Post
Hi there! I'm also from New England, too. I'm going to be cosplaying this year also.
That's awesome~ who're you planning to cosplay?