Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.75 average.
Unread 03-08-2004, 02:41 PM   #1
Chiizu-chan

Naruto: Sharingan-contact lenses?

I didn`t find thread with this kind of title but sorry if there was one.
Well, I just thought where people get their Sharingan-contact lenses? If I`d like to have ones have I have to order them somewhere from abroad? And how much they`d cost (about..?)
Arigatô for answers!
Chiizu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2004, 02:46 PM   #2
Aer
rawr

You can get them here:
http://9mmsfx.com
Aer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2004, 10:53 PM   #3
blackvar
Insane Ninja

Oy, I will have to get a job *gasp* to afford that...but walking around with sharingan would be worth it
blackvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2004, 12:00 AM   #4
Madrox

I believe I'm getting some for my birthday.
Madrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2004, 12:06 AM   #5
baku_neko
go go devil bats!

Before you get them or even think about wearing contacts, make sure you goto an eye doctor and make sure it's okay to wear contacts. I don't know much about the subject, but I think you have to goto to the eye doctor to get a prescription (even if you don't wear them to correct your vision) You wouldn't want to mess up your eyes. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

ANIMEFEST 2009
================
Lambo (15 YR. OLD) - Reborn! - 100%
Kira Yamato - Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - 0%
Setsuna F. Seiei - Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - 0%
Cody Hackins - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 0%

member of *SNAP* cosplay
baku_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2004, 12:55 AM   #6
Madrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by baku_neko
Before you get them or even think about wearing contacts, make sure you goto an eye doctor and make sure it's okay to wear contacts. I don't know much about the subject, but I think you have to goto to the eye doctor to get a prescription (even if you don't wear them to correct your vision) You wouldn't want to mess up your eyes. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
You just get non-prescription contacts. It's called plano prescription. They won't mess up your eyes.
Madrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2004, 07:07 AM   #7
Chiizu-chan

Thank you very much! Well, they are very expensive, but but.. -_-
Have anyone ordered contact lenses from that place?
Chiizu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2004, 08:12 AM   #8
allyunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrox
You just get non-prescription contacts. It's called plano prescription. They won't mess up your eyes.
Even so, it is best to check with an eye doctor to make sure it is okay.
Lewis Black: "There is no such thing as bad language. I don't believe that anymore. It's ridiculous. They call it a debasing of the language. No! We are adults. These are the words we use... to express: frustration, rage, and anger... in order that we don't pick up a tire and beat the s**t out of someone."

Japanese Animation and Cosplay Society
allyunion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2004, 08:51 AM   #9
HuongStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiizu-chan
Thank you very much! Well, they are very expensive, but but.. -_-
Have anyone ordered contact lenses from that place?
You won't even be able to place an order with 9mmsfx without receiving an eye exam first.
Unread 03-09-2004, 10:33 AM   #10
TyJILDown
...rawr!~

Exactly, You MUST go to an eye doctor first. Even if getting plano contacts, they must FIT you for contacts to find out the diameter and base curve of your eye for the proper fit.

Even if it is plano, it will mess up your eyes but not getting contacts fitted for your eyes.

9mmfx also requires your eye doctor's information incase they may want to verify the perscription for the contacts.
Unread 03-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #11
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

Yea, it's 100% true............ trust me for various reasons....... even if you don't have glasses, your eyes may be shaped incorrectly for contacts or may not be right.........there are other various random things that can happen if you just buy contacts and put them in.................you can really hurt your eye if you have something even minorly wrong that you wouldn't know ever if you pop in any kind of contacts.....

the visit may even be somewhat covered by medical insurance, otherwise, it's $100, and you are set.........

then you can order from them for a long long while.......like this one loser I know who is getting his 3rd pair soon enough........

btw, there is also a 3rd type called Itachi that is there but not up because it was custom made, but they would put it up if enough interest is shown......

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....rt =1&cat=500

that's Jackie, she got her's made by some dork who designed the Sharingan contacts and got his inspiration to bug 9mmsfx from a cool guy named Eric....... so technically Eric is cool, other kid is a dork.......he also has Gatekeeper 21 contacts..... which you can't see the swirl in because the picture is too dark -_-.......

but yea, your vision is not worth anything...........always be safe with this........
yukitoLeonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #12
Zabuza
Hmph, and your point is?

My eye (wierdly) already looks like that, I only have 1 dot though.*sigh*I wanna be more advance.
Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2004, 05:20 PM   #13
blackvar
Insane Ninja

Really? You should post of picture of it...that would be so awsome not having to buy contacts
blackvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #14
Sasuke fan

hmm

I can wear contacts I just am afraid because i hear thay mke you go blind.

also you are definatley correct so c you plz tall me if they do make you go blind
Sasuke fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #15
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

If you wear them improperly or keep them too long or otherwise do something you're not supposed to do, there is very well a chance of going blind. Be smart, do what your eye doctor tells you, and keep your contacts clean.
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote