Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Fudoo
Often lost

What's everyone's next con? Will you be attending Katsu again next year?

SO the whole BBYO thing caused problems and I get that. SO are you attending next year or have you been deterred? Also what's everyone's next convention? I'm deciding between Anime Boston and Animazement.
Fudoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
NatureMade
Entity of Insanity

I'll always attend Katsu as long as the price and the location are within reason. It was my frist con, and one rough experience is no reason to drop the con.
Unread 02-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
melodea

It was rough, but I enjoyed Katsucon. Definitely returning next year. My next convention was supposed to be Animazement, but because of how expensive the materials for my Otakon cosplays are gonna be, I decided to just prep for Ota instead. (:

Otakon 2014 Line-up
Cain (Starfighter) | F!Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Hatsune Miku (Love-colored Ward) | Secret Cosplay (???)
Hinata Ema (Brothers Conflict)

Amateur Cosplayer & Cosplay Photographer. Professional Derp. :'D
Facebook | Instagram
melodea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
violetlights
Pokemon Master

This was my first Katsucon, and despite the double booking I had a fantastic time. I'll definitely be returning next year!

As for now, I'm starting my preparations for Otakon early. The past two cons I've been to, I finished my cosplays either the night before, or the day that I left! Way too much stress for me, I'm going to get a head start this time c:
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

I doubt they'll make the same mistake and double book cons with needs like that again (they've double booked before, but never had these problems)

I won't be going to a con before Setsucon 2014 because I'm having a baby this spring.
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
tatooine
Space Cake

My con schedule is up in the air because of school and work -- probably some local cons during the rest of the school year. If I'm on the East Coast this summer, Animazement and Otakon; if I'm on the West Coast, AX. Youmacon in November. Back for Katsu in '14.

Wild horses (or a second BBYO booking) couldn't drag me away from Katsu. The Gaylord is the greatest convention center for cosplayers in the whole country, and cosplayers, photographers, and my friends all know it.
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
SilverStarboy

My next con is Kawaii-Kon. I will be at Katsu next year. I really really hope that its still in the same place. I freaking love the Gaylord and the National Harbor area
SilverStarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
AmeCassee
Lost, gone to find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMade View Post
I'll always attend Katsu as long as the price and the location are within reason. It was my frist con, and one rough experience is no reason to drop the con.
Agreed. I also plan to attend next year.

My next con is Zenkaikon and then after that Otakon.
AmeCassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Kiro

The BBYO issues dampened the con experience a little, but it will not be the deciding factor of whether or not I attend next year. For me, it really depends on whether my friends are going, if I have a cosplay prepared, and what musical guest is invited.

My next convention will be Anime Boston followed by Otakon and AnimeNEXT. Anime Expo is still up in the air.

2015 Conventions
AnimeNEXT
MAGFest?
Otakon?
PAX East
PwnEm Con?
Steampunk World's Fair?

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
CastlePoint
Otakon
Steampunk World's Fair
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #10
Scorpion89
The Master

No I personally will never return to any Con that is held in the Gaylord do to the issue from this years Magfest and Katsu with Hotel Staff over photography issues.

As for my next Cons next up for me is Anima Boston, a few local stuff here in Baltimore then Wizard World Philly, SDCC,Shore Leave 35,Otakon,Dragon*Con and Bmore Comic Con.

Might do a few others if time and budget permit
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
belligerent
Viking Metal

Katsu is a good time, regardless of issues. I'll go as long as I'm in the area.

As for Animazement vs. Anime Boston, if I had to go to one or the other, I'd go to neither and go to Fanime instead. B] Unless I get into Nashicon's AA by some miracle, Fanime is my next con.

Anime Boston and Animazement are completely different con experiences. AB is in a really...unfortunate-looking convention center with bad acoustics. I have never encountered as many of the annoying "butt scratcher/marco polo" type people as I have at AB, so there's a lot of general rowdiness that goes on. Animazement is a much smaller con by comparison. Raleigh is a nice city, but it's not as city-like as Boston.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
Kotarou
Nico Nico nii~

That whole BBYO situation was annoying, but my main problem was a personal problem, which was that I was cosplaying alone (I went with friends that also cosplayed, but didn't have a cosplay group or partner). So would I go again? Maybe I would go again if my friends go or if I have a group or partner to cosplay with.

Like Kiro, my next cons which I'm definitely going to are Anime Boston, AnimeNEXT, Anime Expo, and Otakon. Tekkoshocon was originally in my list, but as of now, it looks like I'm not going.

Current Cosplays
Current Crossplays
Future Cosplays
Future Crossplays

Next Cons:
Castle Point Anime Convention
AnimeNEXT
Anime Expo
Otakon
Kotarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
hello-pear

I'm pretty sure I'll always return to Katsu. The BBYO thing kind of made things a little rough this year for me and a lot of people, I'm sure. But I think Katsucon is my favorite con. I love love love the Gaylord and the National Harbor in general. It's just so small but so fancy, and so simple at the same time. Also, I love that Katsu isn't too small and empty, but not completely packed and crazy.
hello-pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
Blood_Wolf1
Overlord of small animals

I'd love to return to Katsu next year! The BBYO thing was annoying and I hope that doesn't happen again. I started going to Katsucon because Otakon was getting to expensive and to crowded. For me, Katsu is much nicer, attendee and area wise!

I'm not sure what or when my next anime con will be but I have atleast 2 more cons for this year
Blood_Wolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #15
ScarletRhapsody
way past weird

My next major anime con is Anime Boston. I'm still going back and forth if I want to make it to a smaller anime con in New York. I'll be back at Katsucon next year. Looking forward to it!
ScarletRhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote