Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 02-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
mirandapike

I need help with Anime Club Game ideas

I am a leader of a anime club at my school and I'm a bit stuck for ideas on what we could do. We do already play a lot of games, but I think my members are starting to get a bit bored Sometimes we dance but the members have been saying that they have a hard time following dances so if you know any very easy anime dances that would be great ^^
mirandapike is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Why don't you hold a gathering with them and discuss what they're looking for in an anime club? If some people are uncomfortable providing constructive criticism maybe you could have a suggestions/feedback box available so they can anonymously leave a note in there.

Since it sounds like things are getting repetitive try to avoid having samey activities each meeting. For example;

Instead of trying to re-create the fun time you had playing X game by having 6 meetings with A, B, or C game being played mix it up by having showings of new anime's that have yet to be shown in your club, open up an area for book reviews and discussions, and have other 'areas' in the room where people can group off and discuss specific things.

You could have showings of different anime films each time you gather with specific days being specific themed shows. For example:

If you meet Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays you could make Monday 70's anime day and Sunday could be Horror anime day.

Wednesday could be a miscellaneous day. So for example if some people want to have a 'book club' kind of activity only for manga they can have an area off to themselves where they can discuss what's being read. Maybe have an area for people who would like play games and an area for people who would like to draw.

With different activities being offered in one space it lets people chose what they'd like to participate in that day and group off as they'd like. Having different 'themed' anime movies being shown also lets people decide if it's something they want to attend or if they'd rather come for a different showing as well as offering new films they might not otherwise have known. The point of showing the movies should be to provide something not yet experienced or even possibly lesser known in your country.

Maybe also organize people to bring in food each time they come. So everyone can contribute as a whole and feel like they're putting forth an effort into the club instead of you as the leader just telling people what to do.

I think it will be important to discuss any changes with your club members. See what they'd like to have happen and where they want the group to go. Maybe a lot of people want to do manga reviews. Maybe some really want to see anime movies that are less popular then what's available in stores. Some folks might want to start a drawing corner. If your hosting any club of that nature I think having open feedback with your members is hugely important.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
Ilafatyu
That guy

One sentence fanfic, where everyone contributes one sentence toward a story. Warning: depending on who's in your club, it could be either hilarious, disgusting, or cause an argument among shippers.
Mine used to do a lot of pictionary-type stuff. Draw a thing, everyone guesses what it is. Hilarity ensues because everyone always fails at drawing except one or two people.
Drawing sketches of characters with costume switches is pretty fun.

Or if you mean something else, bring in Super Smash Brothers (any of them) and command them to destroy each other. Blazblue is a good one too, and it's even anime flavored. DDR is good too, but I don't think it's as popular as it used to be.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
mirandapike

Those Ideas Sound Fabulous omg Thank You So Much!
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

Have you done things such as anime jeopardy? I am part of an anime club and jeopardy is always a fan favorite.
Guo Jia [Dynasty Warrior 8]
Fem!Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Military Akira [Togainu no Chi]

Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
mirandapike

We have tried Jeopardy but nobody will cooperate. They have pretty small attention spans We usually play games like 'name that anime character' or 'name that anime song'. We even paint peoples faces and we cosplay. We even played Project Diva once too.
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Make a list with the names of 100 or so anime characters. Give everyone a bingo grid and let them fill it with names on the list. Here's where it gets a little different than normal bingo:

Have someone go first and call out the name of one character on their sheet. They and anyone else who had that character on their sheet cross it off. Move to next person, repeat the process. You want characters popular enough to be called, but not so popular you give your opponent a bingo before you get one.

Neat little idea I heard somewhere before.

Last edited by chiagirl : 02-20-2013 at 06:33 PM.
chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
mirandapike

That's actually a really really good idea! Thank you!
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
Khorrupt

There's a game my group plays called "TV" where two people are "watching TV" and two are the actors. The people who are watching TV will "turn the channel" to whatever they want to watch, like they'd say, "I want to watch -insert anime here.-" and so it's the job of the two actors to act it out, even if they don't know what it is, they just have to use their imaginations. It can actually get really hilarious XD
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
mirandapike

That sounds like it could be really cute and funny ^^ Thanks!