Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Ever had a cosplay where you naturally looked like the character?

I was curious if anyone decided to cosplay a character simply because you looked like him/her naturally, that is without using any hair dye, wigs, makeup, and hair gel. (characters that automatically require masks and/or makeup, wigs, and/or hair dye for color due to obvious artificiality are excluded here)
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

I've selected characters based on eye color and body type, as well as haircut (I just realised I look exactly like Dodo Chaplet.) It can certainly make a cosplay easier when you already resemble the character.

For cosplay photos and selfies please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Do you mean looking like their clone, or just sharing certain attributes with them.
Because I picked Jihl from FFXIII just because she had my hair. I was in no mood for a wig and my hair length and color was naturally perfect for it.
Did the same with my Thor lolita costume and my newest Assassin's Creed costume too. I figure if I have the amazing hair, why not flaunt it.

But...I don't think I really have a perfect face like the characters do, or the perfect body...so some things about me are the same, but I'm not picking them on the basis of looking like their exact replica.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV); Scarlet Witch(Uncanny Avengers)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
Do you mean looking like their clone, or just sharing certain attributes with them.
Because I picked Jihl from FFXIII just because she had my hair. I was in no mood for a wig and my hair length and color was naturally perfect for it.
Did the same with my Thor lolita costume and my newest Assassin's Creed costume too. I figure if I have the amazing hair, why not flaunt it.

But...I don't think I really have a perfect face like the characters do, or the perfect body...so some things about me are the same, but I'm not picking them on the basis of looking like their exact replica.
You nailed my question. I don't mean a clone but instead a character that you shared so many atributes with that you decided to cosplay as him/her as a result.
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
Ilafatyu
That guy

When the Baccano group was in action, I was Czes because I was short, had brown hair of the right length, passed as 12, and looked good in a hat. Does that count?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
Kiro

Pretty much how I selected my first cosplay. Similar hair, build, normal clothes, name...

I still consider body type a bit, but I'm more willing now to do more drastic things.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I think the only character that I could consider to be a "natural" look is Inukashi from No.6. I have about the same skin-tone as her and about the same body structure pretty much. I did need a wig since her hair was brown but a lot of people have told me that I look like how Inukashi would like if she was a real person.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

It's pretty impossible to look JUST like an anime character, especially without makeup and wigs.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #9
Tak-kun
King of the Shotacon!

Back when I first debuted my Ken Amada cosplay.

Although I was tall, I had the right shade of brown hair, the right length, I already styled it normally in that fringe-flip fashion, I had the same colored eyes, rosy cheeks, and dimples. I also found out I had incredibly boyish legs once I did some shaving.

Ken Amada Dark Hour uniform - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Kyo Sohma Winter school uniform - Fruits Basket

Honey-senpai Ouran school uniform - Ouran Highschool Host Club

Future Cosplays:

Sora - KH2

Roxas - KH2

Len Kagamine Append - Vocaloid

My Life In a Nutshell
Tak-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #10
Altrus
I love dogs!

When I discovered I have the same hairline, hair color, build type, and facial structure as Mako from Legend of Korra I was exceedingly pleased. I love not having to wear a wig, and naturally sharing features just makes the cosplay all the better. On the other hand, I did have to draw on the eyebrow bits, because there was NO way I was shaving my eyebrows for a weekend of con when I had to come back teach after.
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #11
EmoxJerk
Love Way Connection

Mulan or so I've been told LOL ; A;
-Hanji / Rivaille (AoT)
-Snow Miku

Facebook | WorldCosplay
EmoxJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #12
Amikyo
Stage Crew Zeus

I have to consider height when chosing characters to cosplay as- I am 6' 2" and mybrother is over 6'5." We did decide to go as Soul and Maka from Soul Eater despite this but it did make things a little awkward- they are 12-13 years old. However, my facial shape is similar to Maka's, and (dare I say it?) my height makes me look considerably flatter in the bust area, so I did have a friend tell me that I looked like I was 12 in the pictures, especially when it was just my brother and I, so you can't tell how tall we are.

I do tend to consider height when selecting cosplays, and as I grow older I am thinking of cosplays that I will look good in for several years.
Amikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:26 AM   #13
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

In the past there hasn't been much resemblance to an anime character for me, which is sometimes why I opt to do a character that wears a mask or something that covers more of me so it doesn't really matter (though I don't always do that).
However, for my coming J (Heat Guy J) cosplay, I think I'll actually be able to pull the cosplay off rather well. It's kind of funny, J and I have a very similar shape to our face. It should be rather interesting.
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #14
eebee

Rogue! I've had Rogue's hair for years, and my eyes are naturally green. I love her as a character, but honestly, I picked her so I wouldn't have to wear a wig for at least one day of the con. It was such a relief.

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #15
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

I mostly don't decide on a character because he or she looks like me, but I have Heather Mason from the Silent Hill series and Cure Black from Pretty Cure on my list, not only because I liked them because I seem to look a bit like them.

Back when I was younger and had longer hair a friend told me I'd look a bit like Nagisa (Cure Black) and as I like her a lot, this made all the more reason to cosplay as her someday.

As for Heather, it's almost a bit creepy. Before I played Silent Hill someone already said I resembled her (not the hairstyle or something but the facial features and even a bit the eye color) and when I played Silent Hill, my mom said the same! So yeah, might be worth a try

~Up Next~
Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
SuzuStarlight is online now   Reply With Quote