Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #16
acardwell415

Wikia sponsoring Saturday's C2E2 costume contest

Hey everyone!

I work with Wikia, and we're going to be at C2E2 this year. Just wanted to give you all a heads up that we are sponsoring Saturday's costume contest and the grand prize will be a $250 cash gift card!

If you're interested in participating, please go sign up at C2E2's site:
http://www.c2e2.com/Whats-Happening/...tume-Contests/

We have a really broad theme for the contest - Heroes & Villains. You can come as any hero or villain from comics, video games, TV, movies, anime, etc. The contest will be judged by admins from various Wikia communiites, including our Marvel and DC Database wikis and Final Fantasy Wiki and other video game wikis.

All contestants must individually compete (sorry, no groups) and provide one form of character reference. All contestants MUST PRE-REGISTER!

See full details here:
http://c2e213.mapyourshow.com/5_0/se...ssionID=18A0C6

Hope to see you all there!
acardwell415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #17
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiigusa View Post
Argh, it's so soon! I'm so excited, yet terrified, lol. Too many things to finish!!!
I can imagine. Given that I'm flying in from NYC and that this is a mostly comics show, I figured keeping it spandex all weekend long was the best option in terms of costume. Going to the bathroom, carrying stuff around, eating, etc, will be it own set of problems.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #18
chiigusa
House Lannister

C2E2 is in less than two weeks! How is everyone's progress going?

I pretty much finished my costumes for Cersei from Game of Thrones and Inara from Firefly! Just have to do some wig styling. So excited!
chiigusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
C2E2 is in less than two weeks! How is everyone's progress going?

I pretty much finished my costumes for Cersei from Game of Thrones and Inara from Firefly! Just have to do some wig styling. So excited!
HAWKGUY is 100% done. I have a friend lending me a bow with some trick arrows, all I have to do is restyle the wig a bit once I check into my room.

Cyclops is still being worked on, buy I've seen progress shots and I like what I'm seeing.

Out of curiousity, whos's staying where/commuting/etc. I'm in the McCommerick.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #20
chiigusa
House Lannister

I live a train stop away (finally, a close con!), so I'll likely be commuting and stashing my costumes with my out-of-town friends. I know they will be at the Hyatt!
chiigusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I live a train stop away (finally, a close con!), so I'll likely be commuting and stashing my costumes with my out-of-town friends. I know they will be at the Hyatt!
Nice. Obviously I'm paying out the butt for this con, but hey, it's generally worth it.

Also c2e2ers, thinking about trying to organize a lil gathering at the hotel bar on Saturday night. A meet and greet if you will? PPL interested y/n?

Unread 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #22
Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by acardwell415 View Post
Hey everyone!

I work with Wikia, and we're going to be at C2E2 this year. Just wanted to give you all a heads up that we are sponsoring Saturday's costume contest and the grand prize will be a $250 cash gift card!

If you're interested in participating, please go sign up at C2E2's site:
http://www.c2e2.com/Whats-Happening/...tume-Contests/

We have a really broad theme for the contest - Heroes & Villains. You can come as any hero or villain from comics, video games, TV, movies, anime, etc. The contest will be judged by admins from various Wikia communiites, including our Marvel and DC Database wikis and Final Fantasy Wiki and other video game wikis.

All contestants must individually compete (sorry, no groups) and provide one form of character reference. All contestants MUST PRE-REGISTER!

See full details here:
http://c2e213.mapyourshow.com/5_0/se...ssionID=18A0C6

Hope to see you all there!
All slots are full. This is the first time I'm hearing of this so it kinda sucks, but I guess it will make it easier than handling a mob of entries. I entered in 2011 and it was kinda nuts.

Wasn't the theme Heroes and Villains last year too? Or maybe the year before?

ALSO, do you guys know if there actually is a designated "cosplay corner" where people can change into costume and stuff? I heard about it a few years ago but have never found it or been able to find info if it's actually a real thing they offer.
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
ALSO, do you guys know if there actually is a designated "cosplay corner" where people can change into costume and stuff? I heard about it a few years ago but have never found it or been able to find info if it's actually a real thing they offer.
It's very much a real thing "Mabel"!

It's on the ground floor on the convention center, near where the shuttle buses drop and pick up people. I used it last year and while I can't remember if someone actually WATCHES the room, it definetly exists.

Unread 04-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #24
SailorAnime
Random Wanderer

I'm getting really excited! Blue Beetle's been done for a while and I just finished the final touches on my Kid Flash and my roommate's Robin tonight!
SailorAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #25
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Now that Kaname is finished. I'm really debating on going as Kaname Chidori or Stocking from Panty and Stocking.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions..
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorAnime View Post
I'm getting really excited! Blue Beetle's been done for a while and I just finished the final touches on my Kid Flash and my roommate's Robin tonight!
1) Yes good
2) NO SHIPPING!
3) Which Robin, Grayson or Drake?

Unread 04-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #27
littlemissnerdy

I'll be there! I can't wait.

I'll be doing Kate Bishop on Friday. It's my first attempt at cosplay and was actually pretty easy to put together. I'm still going back and forth on having a bow, even though I have the arrows/quiver.
littlemissnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #28
Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
It's very much a real thing "Mabel"!

It's on the ground floor on the convention center, near where the shuttle buses drop and pick up people. I used it last year and while I can't remember if someone actually WATCHES the room, it definetly exists.
Thanks! Hope I can find it this year. It's not listed on the maps or FAQs. I really don't want to take public transit in costume and wig, unless it is something with normal clothes.
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #29
littlemissnerdy

TheAnarCHris, what day are you planning Hawkeye? I'll be doing Kate Bishop (current Hawkeye comic version) and would love to snag a photo with a Hawkeye!
littlemissnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #30
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissnerdy View Post
I'll be there! I can't wait.

I'll be doing Kate Bishop on Friday. It's my first attempt at cosplay and was actually pretty easy to put together. I'm still going back and forth on having a bow, even though I have the arrows/quiver.
OH MAN, YOU'RE GONNA BE HAWKEYE (Not the Hawk Guy)? PM ME, THERE'S AVENGERS PLOTS TO BE HAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
Thanks! Hope I can find it this year. It's not listed on the maps or FAQs. I really don't want to take public transit in costume and wig, unless it is something with normal clothes.
Ask a staffer? I'll try to post an exact locaton once the con starts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissnerdy View Post
TheAnarCHris, what day are you planning Hawkeye? I'll be doing Kate Bishop (current Hawkeye comic version) and would love to snag a photo with a Hawkeye!
HAWKGUY is Friday for me. In theory, it should be me, the wife as Spider-Woman (that afternoon for her ), and my roomies as Captain Marvel (Carol obviously) and Winter Soldier. AGAIN PM ME, PRVIATE SHOOTS ARE PLANNED, LOVED TO GET YOU IN ON IT!

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 04-17-2013 at 02:18 PM.