Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
ChibiNeriBuni
Baby Cosplayer

Smile Electroluminescent (EL)Wire For Prop

Well I finished my Jack Frost ROTG cosplay and I have like 4 weeks until the Convention I was looking at my staff and thinking of adding Electroluminescent Wire to get that blue glow that Jack's staff has in the movie. But I can't find a store that sells it so I was wondering if there was a good place online to buy EL wire that already comes with a battery pack. I know I will mess it up if I bought the wire alone and tried to connect it to a battery pack so I was just going to purchase one already together. ^^

Just an idea I had to make Jack light up especially at night and since I was going to try to make Baby Tooth I thought what the heck why not try to light up my staff. lol. Its not something I am dying to do, just something I want to try out if I can.

Cosplays:
Amethyst (Steven Universe) 100%,Harley Quinn [O.L] (Batman),Aoba Serageki (Dramatical Murder) 80%, Clear (Dramatical Murder) ,Shion No.6 100%,Hanji Zoe (Shingeki no Kyojin) Ken Kaneki Tokyo Ghoul

Mako date outfit (Kill la Kill) 90%,Rei (Free!) 95%, Nai (Karneval) 90%, Satsuki Momoi (Kurko no Basket) 40%

Makoto (Free!),Monaco {Hetalia} (planning), Sailor Neptune (planning), Neo Queen Serenity (planning)
ChibiNeriBuni is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
Frekki

I haven't seen the movie but I have worked with EL Wire before (attached it to a jacket to make it Tron themed!). All I did to find mine was type it into ebay. Many of the preview pictures show it with a battery pack attached. Since I don't know of any specific brand that makes it, I just went by what the ebay picture shows and so far so good, haven't been disappointed yet! Also, amazon sells EL Wire and its usually easier to buy stuff from there: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Neon-Glow...ywords=el+wire
Frekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms

I think there's a couple places that sell pre-wired kits. Although, if you need a specific length, you might have some left over

http://www.glowire.com/plugplay.htm

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/neon.html

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
vmku

Um Sparkfun has the inverterbattery pack and the El Wire .

https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/226/
vmku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
ChibiNeriBuni
Baby Cosplayer

Thanks! I will check out those sites!

Cosplays:
Amethyst (Steven Universe) 100%,Harley Quinn [O.L] (Batman),Aoba Serageki (Dramatical Murder) 80%, Clear (Dramatical Murder) ,Shion No.6 100%,Hanji Zoe (Shingeki no Kyojin) Ken Kaneki Tokyo Ghoul

Mako date outfit (Kill la Kill) 90%,Rei (Free!) 95%, Nai (Karneval) 90%, Satsuki Momoi (Kurko no Basket) 40%

Makoto (Free!),Monaco {Hetalia} (planning), Sailor Neptune (planning), Neo Queen Serenity (planning)
ChibiNeriBuni is offline   Reply With Quote