Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 02-14-2016, 05:45 AM   #1
JamToast

Has anyone commissioned from faustus70

His stuff seems amazing. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ordered from him. I didn't see many reviews for him, but I was wondering how his work looks compared to the amazing photos. Also how much did you pay for the comission.
JamToast is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #2
Kranz

I commissioned him to make me a more complex Stardust Rod back in the beginning of January and he's yet to show me any updates or pics of the prop. He seemed quick to communicate at first but now that the deadlines are close he's stopped communicating almost altogether. I don't want to be quick to judge but at this rate it's likely to miss the first of two deadlines I gave him which is in a week for Fanime.

I'm not knocking his skill or anything since his portfolio looks great but he's been pretty flaky for me and that alone is unprofessional. I'll keep my review for when or if I get the prop. As for price he charges higher than average (he says it's for quality purposes). For example, he charged me $600 ($300 upfront) for the prop while another commissioner offered to do the same work for $300 ($150 upfront). I was willing to foot the bill for quality but it seems like this commissioner may have taken in more projects than he could handle this time around.

- Michael C.
Kranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
Kranz

UPDATE: Apparently he was traveling abroad and had some vehicle and other travel issues that kept him from keeping in contact and updating me on the project. He's sent some end result pictures that look nice for the Stardust Rod. Will post about the quality once I hold it in person.

Update 7/9/16: Got the staff by mail a few days prior to driving down to L.A. for AX. Quality was good in person except for light paint chipping and partial damage to the bottom of the staff during shipping. Critiques: the paint chips too easily from moisture (sweat from hands and water spills) and the material used for the bottom of the staff (where you normally prop it up against something) is flimsy so it bends from minimal force. Lighting system works well but the part where it splits into two halves comes apart too easily.

Overall quality: 3.8/5 stars
Worth the price? Mostly for the accuracy of the prop.
Timeliness of project completion: 3/5 stars
Communication: 2/5 stars
Price: 3/5 stars

Last edited by Kranz : 07-10-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Kranz is offline   Reply With Quote