Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #31
Bombgirl
Bonkyu! Bonkyu!

My friends and I drove from Chicago to Iowa and back (which was 12 hours round trip), and I learned that good conversation can carry you most of the way. Granted, we hadn't seen each other in a few months so we had a lot of catching up to do. But we didn't even play music until the final stretch because everyone was getting too tired to talk.

For entertainment, we read weeaboo stories and did madlibs off our phones. Those always bring a lot of laughs. ^^ Try to switch drivers every couple hours or so and try not to eat too much junk food on the way there and back.
Bombgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #32
MedusaBeheaded

The longest I've had to drive for a con was roughly four hours, I think, which isn't really that bad at all. If I'm not driving, I usually bring a good book to read, but I know some people get carsick if they do that. I'll sometimes bring my sewing kit and finish or touch-up any parts of my costume that need work, or just practice hand-stitching things. But mostly I sleep.

If I'm driving, I make sure to have a lot of fun, up-beat music to play on the way to get us in the mood for fun times.
MedusaBeheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #33
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Just music usually.

Then again I usually don't go that far nor have any passengers for going to cons. Last Saturday was the first for both and that was just a total 3 hour long drive with two passengers and not a whole lot of stuff.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #34
Ilafatyu
That guy

Dramamine is magical. Not only does it get rid of carsickness, but it knocks out the user for a good three-hour span.
...If you feel like drugging all the passengers, I mean.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #35
ManchildofPV

bring game system movie devices and take a break every 2-3 hours to stretch otherwise look for alternative ways to get there ie plane or train
ManchildofPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #36
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

I have a USB port in my car and a 32 GB flash drive full of road music that I put on random. Then it's a game of EVERYONE SHUT UP DAMMIT THIS IS AN AWESOME SONG!

Other than that, we catch up, talk trash, and bitch about the endless trees. (Really, southern Virginia is the most BORING stretch of road.)

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #37
Varanara

My friends and I just play with our nintendo DS or whatnot, and link up games like Mario Cart. Time passes pretty quick that way.
Varanara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #38
Varanara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
I have a USB port in my car and a 32 GB flash drive full of road music that I put on random. Then it's a game of EVERYONE SHUT UP DAMMIT THIS IS AN AWESOME SONG!

Other than that, we catch up, talk trash, and bitch about the endless trees. (Really, southern Virginia is the most BORING stretch of road.)
Lol this made me laugh so hard and I dont know why.
Varanara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #39
AngelStarAvalon
Lacus Clyne

Music and good friends. as well the usual sort of games that you play while on a road trip.

"If you have the power to make a differance why not use it?" ~ Mwu La Fllaga
AngelStarAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #40
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Me and a friend went to Otakon back in 2008. We had to take a Greyhound bus. We left at 11:00 in the morning and arrived at 1:00am. That's 15 hours spent on the bus, stops included. Thankfully I had a CD player and candy to tide me over. By nightfall, I felt like I was slipping into madness.
C0rvu51nku8a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #41
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Adding to my whole music thing, any 40+ minute car ride involves singing in the car. I really feel sorry for some of my friends to have to sit through me singing songs that they absolutely hate...."Call Me Maybe" XP

Of course there's talking too. I can literally talk on forever with some people and not run out of things to say

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #42
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varanara View Post
Lol this made me laugh so hard and I dont know why.
Have you driven through southern Virginia? It's a CHORE. I actually prefer driving through South Carolina on the way to Atlanta because then I at least have pretty mountains to look at.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #43
Voodoo Doll
High Jinx

I mostly just sleep xD

But you can also play video game, either alone or with others (and have a mini competition between each other), read a book, play card games, learn a song/dance, watch funny youtube videos on your phone or kindle, talk about future cosplays or conventions or what you are going do at the con, play 21 questions (can be anime related), or play music.

In-Progress~*
Nagisa Motomiya (AKB0048) - 10%

The Near-Future~*

Yui Hirasawa (K-On)
Nanami Haruka (Uta no Prince-sama)

Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #44
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

When we drove to Otakon, we played music for the most part. Make sure you have variety though: You can get sick of even your favorite CD if that's all you listen to for hours @_@
We had two cars going down to Otakon last year, and played the license plate game with my friend in the other car via text. That was entertaining. We also had walkie-talkies (even though we have cell phones). That was also quite a bit of fun.
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #45
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll View Post
I mostly just sleep xD

But you can also play video game, either alone or with others (and have a mini competition between each other), read a book, play card games, learn a song/dance, watch funny youtube videos on your phone or kindle, talk about future cosplays or conventions or what you are going do at the con, play 21 questions (can be anime related), or play music.
Actually...I recommend taking a few naps on the way to the con so you'll more have energy when you finally arrive.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote