Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Closed Thread
Unread 03-09-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
lainey
D2R Cosplay

Shiny lips!

I've ALWAYS wanted this look...just don't know what they used.

I don't think it's gloss...

I want this shiny look that will LAST and not go away right off the bat

Here's an example:
http://asagao.sakura.ne.jp/~norakuro...e_0401_001.jpg
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon

Unread 03-09-2004, 08:05 AM   #2
Drackt
Loves guyliner. Too much.

I believe a number of makeup companies (Maybelline, Loreal, et al) are coming out with plenty of liquid lipsticks...shiny ones.

Completed cosplays (from last fall to now)-
Rumpelstiltskin-Red/Black outfit...always in progress (Once Upon A Time)
Rumpelstiltskin-Alchemist outfit (Once Upon A Time)
Rapunzel

In Progress-
Cinderella
Vampire Girl (Original)

Planned-
Too much, but I've had to put it on hold due to reasons beyond my control. However, I'm attempting to recreate Leezar's wardrobe from "Your Highness"...one down, four to go.
Unread 03-09-2004, 09:01 AM   #3
HuongStar

Short of using the stickiest stuff I know, you will eventually have to reapply lipgloss to achieve such a shiny look round the clock. Most long-wear lipcolors have topcoat of gloss that can be applied as needed. Check out L'oreal and Max Factor.

Unread 03-09-2004, 10:54 AM   #4
Jen-neko
Lord Cynic Almighty

Like HuongStar said, whatever you get, you'll probably hafta reapply. One note on the long-wear lipsticks -- they tend to have that glossy topcoat, but the only way you can remove the bottom coat (the color) is with baby oil, I believe...(at least, that's what the package my mother bought said). Not sure how expensive they are, either. Oh, and be sure of the color you want (how it looks on you, etc) before you get it =^^=;; the color my mom ended up buying didn't look too good on her, and then it was a bitch to get off, too :P So, yeah. You could probably just get a tube of clear gloss, but you'd hafta reapply the gloss constantly. *shrug* In the end, it's up to you.

Note: I managed to get my lips shiny like that once with this one brand of lipgloss (sorry, can't remember what it's called :\ If I knew, I'd buy more...), but it was very liquidy, and tasted good, so I kept licking it off :3
Unread 03-09-2004, 12:59 PM   #5
Seraphims
You don't Nyo me

I buy the long lasting lip color buy like revlon of maybline, works really well, just keep applying the lip gloss.

Also check out the expensive make-up counters (like the one's in Marshal Fields) They're paid to only find you the right make-up sometimes the lip glosses are $20 a bottle (or tube.) but they look just like that. Bath and body works sometimes has stuff like that too, but it's more of a tint then a color like the picture you showed.

I'm done a couple professional photoshoots, and they reapply lip gloss and make up like every 5th picture (well not quite that much) but yeah.
Unread 03-09-2004, 01:44 PM   #6
mikazuki
三日月

Try a lip polish instead of a lip gloss or lipstick. LORAC makes one that comes in a high gloss finish
Unread 03-09-2004, 01:53 PM   #7
Midknight
Agent X

One option is to use MAC's Lip Glass lip gloss... (it's probably what HuongStar was referring to) It's super sticky and super thick (understatement here) and it will give you that look if you apply it over top of another color of lipstick. It comes in a frosted clear tube. To apply you squeeze a little out and dab it on with your finger or other applicator.

Edit: *reads previous post* Nail polish!?!? I wouldn't try that myself...

Last edited by Midknight : 03-09-2004 at 01:56 PM. Reason: new comment
Unread 03-09-2004, 02:13 PM   #8
Olivia
Colored in Empty

I've seen a picture like that in a mag...

First off, the shine was added in Photoshop (there's inconsistancies on the lower lip) so there's really no way to achieve that exact look.

But I'm pretty sure you cah add that almost-same shine on with Lorlac (or something like that) lip polish.
Unread 03-09-2004, 02:17 PM   #9
mikazuki
三日月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midknight
One option is to use MAC's Lip Glass lip gloss... (it's probably what HuongStar was referring to) It's super sticky and super thick (understatement here) and it will give you that look if you apply it over top of another color of lipstick. It comes in a frosted clear tube. To apply you squeeze a little out and dab it on with your finger or other applicator.

Edit: *reads previous post* Nail polish!?!? I wouldn't try that myself...
LOL Who said nail polish? Lip polish

Unread 03-09-2004, 02:22 PM   #10
Midknight
Agent X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikazuki
LOL Who said nail polish? Lip polish

LOL... My bad

Brain not running at full speed yet... ^_^;
Unread 03-09-2004, 03:13 PM   #11
RoboGundam6
Second Life Addict

I got some really nice lipgloss at "Trade Secret", I got a shiny silverish blue, that really comes out a light silver, but clear enoght to see your lips. The lipgloss is their brand, and the store that I know of is in the Fortuneoff Sorce mall in Westbury, LI.

As for REALLy silverish, I'd use Moon Rock Candy by Bonne Bell and their lipgloss sticks.

Oh! I forgot to add, I have this old Clinque light pink lipgloss, which really matchs the color of your lips (if its light pink) and has spf 30 ^^! Its a bit more expensive I guess, but thats the best lipgloss I have.

Last edited by RoboGundam6 : 03-09-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Unread 03-09-2004, 03:38 PM   #12
deschaos
Anime Dessinatrice

no. you can actually get that kind of lips, but it could be achieved by photoshop.

you can use NYC's lipgloss that comes in those likkle roller-trype things... they smell good and they last for quite a while... but you will have to reapply. they're also pretty cheap.
Unread 03-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #13
HuongStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midknight
I love that stuff but damn, it is sticky! I hate it when your hair gets caught in your lipgloss. >_<

Unread 03-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #14
yuffieleonheart

to achieve that look. try to outline your lips with a lipliner that matches your lipstick. then fill your lips as well with the lip liner. Use a long lasting lipstick and over it try a matching lipgloss, like a gloss from lancome. :: they last a good amount of time and mine smells like roses =D :: i'm not a big fan of lipstick. i barely use it i stick to glosses but my mother was a model and she told me that's how she did her makeup =D

Unread 03-09-2004, 04:59 PM   #15
lainey
D2R Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuffieleonheart
to achieve that look. try to outline your lips with a lipliner that matches your lipstick. then fill your lips as well with the lip liner. Use a long lasting lipstick and over it try a matching lipgloss, like a gloss from lancome. :: they last a good amount of time and mine smells like roses =D :: i'm not a big fan of lipstick. i barely use it i stick to glosses but my mother was a model and she told me that's how she did her makeup =D
^that's what i was going to experiment.

but look at the nice sparkles on her lips...shiiiny!

and yeah...i wanted nice pink glossy lips for wedding yuna, and i don't feel like reapplying that stuff every 5 minutes

i had a lip gloss thingy, but it'd be gone in less than 15 minutes.

I saw these at the store today:
http://www.bonnebell.com/smackers/liquid_lipsmackers/
But then, I think there is still the problem of it going away.

I guess what I'll do, is the foundation base (yup on lips, it works), colour in with lip liner and then that gloss stuff on top and hope for the best
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon
Closed Thread