Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 02-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
antihelper

Whats a good tight adjustable maybe wig cap?

My wig (which i hope i can trust the seller (which im scared still) is coming soon like next week (or week after)

But as far as I know it doesnt come with a wig cap sooooo

I wanna get a nice tight wigcap or something so its firm on my head and il do the bobbypin trick but

how do i get it to stay in my wigcap is the issue I dont want a lose 1 cause i dont want the wig flying off...

Can anyone suggest a nice REASONABLLY priced wigcap
antihelper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

As far as wig caps go, I only know of two kinds: the nylon wigcap and the kind that Arda Wigs sells.

The nylon ones I use personally and I stand by them. They're mostly best used for those with short hair or, in my case, those that have their hair styled in such a way that it'd be easy to bunch it up under the wig with minimal bulge. My hair is constantly braided, so this kind works best for me. My hair stays in place pretty well and once it's under said cap, it doesn't move. Ever.

The kind that Arda Wigs sells...crap, I'm blanking on the type name. Sorry. But I do in fact know that these kinds work best for those with medium to long length hair. I believe it's the kind that wraps ones and tucks it in such a way that it won't bunch up or make a huge bulge through the wig itself. This also is adjustable in the way of tightness.

I wish I had more info for you on these types. They're pretty cheap, but they're both really effective. I really hope this helps.

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

TigerCon 2014
[b][size="1"]Gilbert Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia

Halloween 2014
...still planning this one...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
rajamitsu

You should be able to find wig caps at beauty supply stores or, I would assume, costume shops. The beauty supply store near me sells the nylon type, which works just fine.

I've also got a couple of Arda's that Naudae mentioned. My hair is short-to-medium and they're probably my favorite. They're mesh, so you're not poking holes in the cap itself.
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I can't use the nylon wig caps personally because 1) I have hair that goes far past my waist, and 2) they give me headaches because they are too tight. I use the fishnet ones that have an opening in the top. I braid my hair in two long braids, wrap them around my head, securing them with bobby pins, then I put the wig cap over my head and pin it in place. Then when I put the wig on I pin it to both my hair and wig cap. I've had some wigs slide, but they are usually super heavy wigs, but my lighter weight ones don't move at all.

But as was said, you can find wigs in beauty supply shops all the time. They are usually the nylon ones, but every now and then I see the fishnet kind as well.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
Ion
Lyrical gangster

I use the same kind of wig caps Mehdia is mentioning, the fisnet ones with an open top. Some of the packages of these say they are "weave caps" which I believe are sold at beauty stores. I like the fishnet style more than nylon because it allows more airflow, so it is not as hot to wear the wig. The open top is nice because you pull the cap completely over your head so it sits around your neck, then you pull the cap upward into place. In this process, the wig cap catches all the "baby hairs" or short, pesky hairs that normally stick out if you just pull a wig cap over your head.

If your wig fits your head, it really should not go shooting off into space. The wig cap is there mostly as a formality to contain your hair and make the wig less irritating to wear as well as to finally add something that you can pin the wig to. But honestly, I rarely have to bobby pin my wig to my wig caps, even for heavy, high-volume wigs. If you want something else to keep the wig cap in place and prevent it from sliding back under the wig, I use those elastic headbands like in this pic. Just put the headband along the edge of the wig cap for some extra stability.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
antihelper

http://www.amazon.com/Wig-Cap-Pack-C...ywords=wig+cap

would this work

i need to place a order for rush shipment if so cause my wig is getting here a week earlier and I havent bought a wigcap or bobypins yet
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
antihelper

Also are 2 inch bobbypins long enough????

http://www.amazon.com/Diane-Bobby-Pi...rds=bobby+pins

i was gonna buy these but if 2 inches isnt long enough il order differnt
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I honestly wouldn't bother ordering either of those if you can get out to buy them locally. You can buy bobby pins at any drug store or place that sells hair care, and the wigs caps can be bought at any place like a Sally Beauty Supply. You could pick them up and save shipping and wait time.

But the wig cap you linked is pretty much what most people use.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #9
antihelper

im not going out to any stores at all this week
im going to my nephews birthday party and he loves anime
so im going as grell to ruin it :P

but i just need to no cause i can do a rush order on these