Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
HelloKittyQueen
Strange and Adorable :3

Doing More Than One Cosplay For A Con

I'm really just off put by doing two different characters for a convention. Does it really work out well? I'm just a little confused by it. I mean, it sounds ideal, but wouldn't you want to showcase your work for as long as possible? I see people with 5 or 6 different cosplay changes listed for just one convention. How does that work exactly?
Balalaika from Black Lagoon ----> In progress
HelloKittyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
glassbutterfly

some people switch costumes in a day. i personally think wearing one costume a day is fine. if you think the costume can go for another day, then that's okay too. just try not to overwear something, meaning if the outfit is dirty dont wear it.
glassbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
animazn

I like to show mine for two days, but to fit everything in I'm doing one day.

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
Darkdreamyr
Lost Cause

If it's a long convention, like Fanime which is 4 days long it's far easier to do multiple costumes. I usually end up doing 3. Friday is something simple for checking in and stuff, Saturday and Sunday are the nicer and more complicated ones, and then normal clothes for Monday when heading home. Each has a whole day to show off so I don't feel rushed.
Darkdreamyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

I only attend one con a year, and I really love sewing and making new cosplays, so to really feel like I get the most out of each one, I bring three. Usually two of them can't be worn all day anyway (either heavy-maintenance or require the Saturn boots of death), so when I need to change into something more comfortable, I change into the third, most comfortable cosplay.

I also get afraid of wearing something too much, since I get very paranoid about structurally wearing a garment out. Myu Sailor Saturn and the Messiah of Silence are the two I worry about most due to the sheer gravity-defying stress both have to go through, so I rotate them out. I also have three new comfort cosplays I plan on making eventually (manga SailorStars Hotaru winter uniform, S anime Hotaru picnic outfit, and S anime black dress with shawl), so Mugen uniform Hotaru will get time to rest too.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
violetlights
Pokemon Master

I usually bring about four cosplays per con; sometimes I'll wear a costume all day, sometimes I'll switch out halfway throught the day, and sometimes I'll change according to when the photoshoots are for that fandom. For one con I actually ended up wearing all four cosplays in one day!
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #7
Unaki

It depends. If my costume is of a character that takes a bit of work or requires semi-permanent modifications to wear I will do it for a day. If its a simple costume (My Black Star or any kind of school outfit) I will change it up in the same day.
Unaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

The way I see it, I have so many cosplay I love, it'd be a shame to only wear one. And then there's the issue of smells/stains when wearing a costume multiple days. I think it'd be a pain to try and wash it in the hotel tub.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
Julesie

I tend to take one costume per day. I prefer to have at least two with me so if something happens to the outfit I always have a backup that I can wear.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #10
Kiro

For a standard three day con, I like to bring two cosplays: one for Friday and Saturday, street clothes on Sunday. There are several reasons:

1) In the event one breaks or has issues, I have a backup
2) After a long day of wearing it, costumes can smell. Don't really want to spend the time to wash out a costume during a convention
3) Attend multiple photoshoots, meet more people
etc.

The third point is really important for a lot of people. I'm not particularly interested in doing more than one cosplay per day since I'd like to spend more time enjoying the con than visiting my hotel room, but if you like to socialize, cosplay is a good icebreaker.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #11
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

In August, I'm gonna have like..6 or so....In a 3 day weekend..All for different things..So wearing just 2 or something is nothing compared to 6 lol but so far, the most I brought was 4 (one was a backup)
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #12
Ilafatyu
That guy

I do three per convention, every time:

Friday with a good cosplay, maybe obscure, but something I like showing off. It has to come with a base-layer that doesn't raise too much suspicion so I can get to the convention, but a second layer that makes everything fancy and awesome.
Saturday I get tricked out with my fancy costume, since all the good stuff happens today. Photos, meetups, masque. Today's the big day.
Sunday I go low-key, with a costume that could blend into any McDonalds or train station. This is the just-spent-two-days-being-energetic-I'm-done-but-god-help-anyone-who-thinks-I-won't-cosplay cosplay.

Well, I lied. Sometimes Friday and Sunday are the same costume.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:03 AM   #13
Poody
All Rise!

I'd say wearing one costume per day is pretty much the norm..... I do know people who do 2 costumes a day though! I can't do that. If I'm going to spend so much time getting ready.... Hair, make up, wings, prosthetic, changing.... I'm not doing that more than once.... LOL

..............-NYAH!
My Facebook, yo!
Poody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:13 AM   #14
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

I guess I'm the odd one because I tend to just wear one costume throughout the entire convention. If I put all that work into a cosplay I want to get my use out of it. Plus, it gives people a chance to see it if they didn't the day before. :P
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:16 AM   #15
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Leader View Post
I guess I'm the odd one because I tend to just wear one costume throughout the entire convention. If I put all that work into a cosplay I want to get my use out of it. Plus, it gives people a chance to see it if they didn't the day before. :P
I used to, but now I have too many cosplays and would find it difficult to decide on just one.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote