Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
gumirin
blame komaeda

Ay lil mama lemme whisper in yo ear (◕‿◕✿)

Heheh, hey there! u w u

My name's Dini, I'm from Maryland but I was born in Indonesia! I grew up watching anime on Indonesian TV but I never really got into it until a few years ago when my friend introduced me to yaoi, hahah. I was a huge yaoi fangirl; gosh it was embarrassing. I still love yaoi, don't get me wrong, but I'm not one of those typical scary yaoi fangirls anymore and I sure am SO GLAD I'm not one anymore.

Well anyway, Steins;Gate is my all time fave anime. My top 5 are Steins;Gate, Mawaru Penguindrum, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Gurren Lagann, and Tsuritama. I love other ones as well. Here's my myanimelist if you wanna see what other shows I've seen.

Other than anime & manga, I also love KPOP, JROCK, Asian dramas, Sherlock Holmes, MMORPGs, and a bunch of other things. I'm pretty much in way too many fandoms and have way to little time to be involved in all of them.

Gosh this intro is getting too long isn't it? Well that is it for now lovelies. Nice to meet you all! Also, I will be going to the Sakura Matsuri fest, Otakon, and Anime USA this year! If any of you are going, I would love to talk to you irl! c:

OTAKON 2014:
♢ Hakuryuu Ren - Magi
♢ Dragon Kid - Tiger & Bunny
♢ Yamaguchi Tadashi - Haikyuu!!
♢ Shinkai Hayato - Yowamushi Pedal
♢ Uzu Sanageyama (school raids trip) - KLK
gumirin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
koharuxoxowuv
Endoshima Don~!

Welcome Dini (✿◠‿◠)! It's awesome to meet you! I also love Mawaru Penguindrum, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and Tsuritama(I don't know anyone else who likes this anime so it's awesome to meet someone else who does ✖‿✖)

Do you have any cosplays planned for Otakon ??
Friday: Reese (Animal Crossing)
Saturday: Mario(Sisters Rendition)
koharuxoxowuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
gumirin
blame komaeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by koharuxoxowuv View Post
Welcome Dini (✿◠‿◠)! It's awesome to meet you! I also love Mawaru Penguindrum, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and Tsuritama(I don't know anyone else who likes this anime so it's awesome to meet someone else who does ✖‿✖)

Do you have any cosplays planned for Otakon ??
Oh yayy! A Tsuritama fan! Yes omg, it's so hard to find other people who likes Tsuritama :c Even at cons I barely see cosplays from this anime, and I only know a few people irl who actually have seen it. Aghhh I just really love Tsuritama, the characters are absolutely adorbs I can talk about them forever ;;

Yes I do! I'm 100% sure that I'll wear my Natsume Masako cosplay for Otakon. I'm actually working on it right now! I might also do Totsuka Tatara from Project K, Keisuke from Togainu no Chi, and maybe Julie from Motorcity?? I'm still not sure. It seems like you already have a few cosplays planned for Otakon hmm c:

OTAKON 2014:
♢ Hakuryuu Ren - Magi
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

You mentioned so many things I like ;A; Steins;Gate, Madoka, Sherlock, K, and yaoi...
Anyhow, welcome to cosplay.com~

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
Maury V.
Ultra director/host/prod.

I love the way you introduced yourself.

Can I assume you're a fan of hip hop? Don't see many people quoting Ying Yang Twins. Welcome!
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

I agree with Maury V. Nice to see someone on here quoting Ying Yang Twins, I love hip-hop, It's pretty much all I listen to xD
Welcome to Cosplay.com!
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
gumirin
blame komaeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumoshi View Post
You mentioned so many things I like ;A; Steins;Gate, Madoka, Sherlock, K, and yaoi...
Anyhow, welcome to cosplay.com~
Oh gosh, you like Steins;Gate too? Uhuhu finally someone who likes Steins;Gate too ;A; And yayy Madoka, Sherlock, K, and yaoi too?! Ahh isn't this just great hahah.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury V. View Post
I love the way you introduced yourself.

Can I assume you're a fan of hip hop? Don't see many people quoting Ying Yang Twins. Welcome!
Hahah thanks!

Well I'm one of those people who pretty much listen to whatever sounds good to their ears. So yes, I love many different genres, and hip-hop is certainly one of them! c: And I do love the Ying Yang Twins!
And thanks for the welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd View Post
I agree with Maury V. Nice to see someone on here quoting Ying Yang Twins, I love hip-hop, It's pretty much all I listen to xD
Welcome to Cosplay.com!
Heheh yesss, "Hey lil mama lemme whisper in yo ear" had become my way of introducing myself, I wonder why I've scared so many people off lol.

Thanks! And ah, I actually remember seeing you walking around Katsucon. I never got to tell you this irl, but I think your Jack Sparrow cosplay is absolutely amazing!

OTAKON 2014:
♢ Hakuryuu Ren - Magi
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

I think the same way about music. If it's catchy and fun to listen to, I will have it on my iPod. lol I usually listen to Hip-Hop and Dancehall music (i.e Vybz Kartel)
And thank you very much! It was my first year going to Katsucon and I had so much fun! That convention center and hotel are so amazing
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #9
koharuxoxowuv
Endoshima Don~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumirin View Post
Oh yayy! A Tsuritama fan! Yes omg, it's so hard to find other people who likes Tsuritama :c Even at cons I barely see cosplays from this anime, and I only know a few people irl who actually have seen it. Aghhh I just really love Tsuritama, the characters are absolutely adorbs I can talk about them forever ;;

Yes I do! I'm 100% sure that I'll wear my Natsume Masako cosplay for Otakon. I'm actually working on it right now! I might also do Totsuka Tatara from Project K, Keisuke from Togainu no Chi, and maybe Julie from Motorcity?? I'm still not sure. It seems like you already have a few cosplays planned for Otakon hmm c:
I know I always look for cosplayers but haven't seen any yet. I saw some on tumblr once but man if I saw them in person !! And I completely agree they're so adorable. Endoshima don ~!

Those sound flippin awesome !!! Good luck on your cosplays Yeah I do xD I went a little overboard I think
Friday: Reese (Animal Crossing)
Saturday: Mario(Sisters Rendition)
koharuxoxowuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
gumirin
blame komaeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd View Post
I think the same way about music. If it's catchy and fun to listen to, I will have it on my iPod. lol I usually listen to Hip-Hop and Dancehall music (i.e Vybz Kartel)
And thank you very much! It was my first year going to Katsucon and I had so much fun! That convention center and hotel are so amazing
You're welcome! It was also my first time going to Katsucon and I definitely agree! There are so many pretty places for photoshoots and the such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koharuxoxowuv View Post
I know I always look for cosplayers but haven't seen any yet. I saw some on tumblr once but man if I saw them in person !! And I completely agree they're so adorable. Endoshima don ~!

Those sound flippin awesome !!! Good luck on your cosplays Yeah I do xD I went a little overboard I think
I actually saw some Tsuritama cosplayers last year at Otakon. But they were the only ones I saw ;; I'm hoping to see more this year!

Thanks! And good luck on yours too!

OTAKON 2014:
♢ Hakuryuu Ren - Magi
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #11
Maury V.
Ultra director/host/prod.

If you ever want any more good music, send me a PM and i'll give you the hook up.