Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 06-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
OjouSammy

AKB0048/AKB48 Gathering 2013

Hey all,

I've been trying to stir up a bit of interest in an AKB0048/AKB48 gathering and have gotten a few responses here and there, but I'm wondering if anyone would like to participate in a meetup this year.

Because we may be a rather small group, I'd be more than happy to see both AKB0048 AND general AKB48 cosplayers in a meetup together!

Would anyone cosplaying in either fandom be interested? And if so, let me know what days are preferred so we can all try to figure something out!
OjouSammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
oshimayuko

Hi I'm interested! Lets do it on the 4th or the 7th? since thats when I might be cosplaying as akb.
oshimayuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
~Shana~
Make a contract with me!

I'm cosplaying Minami Takahashi the 5th on Saturday (the 6th)! I'm really interested in this!

Con list 2014
ALA
Fanime
Anime Expo
Anime California
PMX
~Shana~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
MidoriBunny
YuriQueen

I'm creating a cosplay group for AKB0048, if anyone is interested ! I just formed like two weeks ago & we're looking for members ! <3
Facebook.com/DanceCS13
Ririchiyo Shirakiin(fighting costume): 10%

Cons Attending:
Anime Expo 2014
MidoriBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
OjouSammy

Thank you guys for letting me know you're interested!

Saturday the 6th would be ideal for me as well, and is one of the days I'm planning on cosplaying as Sonata. To oshimayuko, would that be doable for you even though you had planned for a few other days?

If anyone else is interested, please let me know some more date preferences so we can get more of a consensus on which is going to work best.

Thanks again, all!
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
OjouSammy

Okay, so I've gotten very little feedback, so I'm going to assume that Saturday works out okay for most of you.

How does Saturday/Day 3 at 2:30 PM at Site 1 sound? Looks like there is one other gathering scheduled in that area at 2, but we'll be a relatively small group, most likely, so it shouldn't take us too much time to meetup and assemble, or migrate once everyone gets there if need be at that point.

Before I get this posted on the listings, please let me know if anyone has any objections to the time or place! I'd like to get it posted by tomorrow so I can start advertising around about this a little more, so the sooner, the better!
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
OjouSammy

Okay, so I've pretty much gotten no objections on this other than a request for going indoors from a cosplayer on another site.

So I'm going to go ahead and get this posted to the list--

The AKB0048/AKB48 Meetup will be scheduled for Saturday, Day 3 @ 2:30 PM located at Site 5 (inside the West Hall lobby).

I'm going to hopefully put together a sign or something to help flag us all down if we have trouble finding each other. Otherwise, I hope to see any AKB0048/AKB48 cosplayers AND non-cosplaying fans there on Saturday!

If anyone has any further individual questions/concerns, leave me a private message and I'll communicate with you that way (I'm even willing to communicate via text message if you'll be needing more info during the con itself). If you're even *considering* attending, let me know here so I can get a better idea of how many to expect!