Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Thread Tools
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
Registered User
shmac's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 272
What are these and how can I achieve this look?

I'm at a loss for what these are called? The darker gray strips that run parallel to the zipper:

I'm making a dress similar to this, and I feel it'd be incomplete without those. Do they have a name?

I'm just looking for any info at all. I'm a newbie sewer. *shrug*
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
The Corset Queen
Mehdia's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,201
That could be achieved by using bias tape and stitching it down. You would need to either buy bias tape or make your own. You want something on the bias (the diagonal grain of the fabric) so that it will curve properly and not bunch up.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Copyright 2002-2017 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.