Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #46
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ the Collector View Post
Yes, she did make an account, she's the one who set up the random game characters shoots. Her name and email address should be something you'd already have, I would've thought, but I'll ask her for them anyway.
Okay then she's in the list somewhere so I can manually add her to that shoot. I don't actually attempt to remember people's names, that would be quite the task with how many people are signed up.

Edit: Added.

Anime North Reddit Community

Last edited by DireKitty : 03-08-2013 at 07:22 AM.
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #47
Ainsil
Om nom nom time!

The Homestuck photoshoots on anpanels have still gone unconfirmed, but they're on the photoshoot list. Just sort of wondering if everything is okay.

Anime North 2014:
Clear (Dramatical Murder), Nagisa Hazuki (Free!), Sawada Tsuna (KHR)
Ainsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #48
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainsil View Post
The Homestuck photoshoots on anpanels have still gone unconfirmed, but they're on the photoshoot list. Just sort of wondering if everything is okay.
I emailed you about it 3 days ago. We have the same 5 people every day but your original list had a larger variety of people. Was curious if it was indeed supposed to be those 5 people every day.

Unread 03-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #49
Ainsil
Om nom nom time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I emailed you about it 3 days ago. We have the same 5 people every day but your original list had a larger variety of people. Was curious if it was indeed supposed to be those 5 people every day.
I didn't get your email! Could you send it again please?

Anime North 2014:
Clear (Dramatical Murder), Nagisa Hazuki (Free!), Sawada Tsuna (KHR)
Ainsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #50
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainsil View Post
I didn't get your email! Could you send it again please?
Done

Unread 03-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #51
N_H_Sakura5
DigiDestined

So, since people running shoots are considered panelists will the York Room be open for us to get our passes on the Thursday like the regular Registration is? My group is coming on Thursday for the very reason of getting our passes before Friday.
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #52
~mizuki_uchiha~

Shugo Chara phot shoot

Hi all,
My friend and I are thinking about running a Shugo Chara photoshoot, but we don't know how many people would be interested. Would anyone who is interested please comment/message me so we can see if it would be something fun and worthwhile to do? We don't want to create a photo shoot slot if people aren't going to go.
~mizuki_uchiha~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #53
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

So i went through all the shoots and highlighted in green the ones that are now closed on anpanels.com. Anything not in green means there are some stray ends to deal with (likely). These stray ends are all pretty much due to people not signing up on anpanels, or not having the extra people mentioned signed up.

Last edited by DireKitty : 03-11-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #54
Grimmjow99

[quote=DireKitty;4620768]FAQ

5. How will I arrange to get credit for my photoshoot?
A. Once organizers get a confirmation email from me saying their photoshoot has been booked they can input their photoshoot into the anpanels.com website under photoshoot section. (Example: Friday Final Fantasy Photoshoot) Everyone else who is helping out with each photoshoot will sign up for the same photoshoot. I will then cross reference the information on my side and set all the times you have given me in the emails into the database. Image on how to do it here <-- everyone hosting the shoot does thi

Hey direkitty, if the photshoot is already in the schedule does it have to be offically registered on ANpanels.com or could we just leave it. Because i'm not sure if we need somebody to offically run the photoshoot.
Grimmjow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #55
musicalcats
Mars Fire Ignite

Quote:
So i went through all the shoots and highlighted in green the ones that are now closed on anpanels.com. Anything not in green means there are some stray ends to deal with (likely).
What does that mean? The Saturday Sailor Moon photoshoot is not in green. :/

Anime North 2015:
Tsunade (Naruto) (Friday)
Sailor Chibi Moon (Sailor Moon) (Saturday)
Tellu (Sailor Moon) (Sunday)
My cosplay page:
musicalcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #56
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

[quote=Grimmjow99;4628173]
Quote:
FAQ

5. How will I arrange to get credit for my photoshoot?
A. Once organizers get a confirmation email from me saying their photoshoot has been booked they can input their photoshoot into the anpanels.com website under photoshoot section. (Example: Friday Final Fantasy Photoshoot) Everyone else who is helping out with each photoshoot will sign up for the same photoshoot. I will then cross reference the information on my side and set all the times you have given me in the emails into the database. Image on how to do it here <-- everyone hosting the shoot does thi

Hey direkitty, if the photshoot is already in the schedule does it have to be offically registered on ANpanels.com or could we just leave it. Because i'm not sure if we need somebody to offically run the photoshoot.
The schedule i do on excel is really just to let people know what has been booked so far. Anpanels will be where you get your panel credit from and where the photoshoot list will (most likely) be generated from. It doesn't have anything to do with who runs the shoot officially (some shoots have 2 people running it, some have 2 people and a helper etc etc) as sometimes it's a shared thing. Every shoot will have some sort of organizer giving out calls and organizing people though - that's the person that 'officially' runs the shoot.

Last edited by DireKitty : 03-11-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #57
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalcats View Post
What does that mean? The Saturday Sailor Moon photoshoot is not in green. :/
Your helper has not signed up yet.

Edit: If they don't want panel credit and don't want to get their pass at the York room let me know. I don't want to close things as its more difficult to add people after that's done.
I also have a personal beef when people use the ":/" face.

Last edited by DireKitty : 03-11-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #58
Grimmjow99

so does someone need to be officially running the photoshoot? Because I've heard that for 1 or two they don't really have anyone, but just more or less "go with the flow" I just wanted to know.
Grimmjow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #59
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow99 View Post
so does someone need to be officially running the photoshoot? Because I've heard that for 1 or two they don't really have anyone, but just more or less "go with the flow" I just wanted to know.
Usually the idea of 'going with the flow' doesn't pan out. You actually need someone to say "Alright lets get X and Y up here" and then "Now can we have all of the A's up here?"
...otherwise people just stand around rather awkwardly. You don't need a ton of planning, just the ability to speak up and make/listen to suggestions.

So yeah, you need someone directing it. I mean when you are on a panel the idea is to speak up, it's same idea here. If no one is willing to run it, then I would suggest they not bother.

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #60
N_H_Sakura5
DigiDestined

Both of us who are running the Digimon Panel have signed up last week and are waiting for it to be confirmed and to know if we did anything wrong on anpanels.com

Also, again I'll ask and hope to get an answer this time, if you are planning to get your pass on Thursday instead of Friday are those running a Photoshoot still able to get their 'Panelist' Passes. Do we still go to the York Room on Thursday or somewhere else.