Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #61
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Usually the idea of 'going with the flow' doesn't pan out. You actually need someone to say "Alright lets get X and Y up here" and then "Now can we have all of the A's up here?"
...otherwise people just stand around rather awkwardly. You don't need a ton of planning, just the ability to speak up and make/listen to suggestions.

So yeah, you need someone directing it. I mean when you are on a panel the idea is to speak up, it's same idea here. If no one is willing to run it, then I would suggest they not bother.
I've done the same thing for years and usually lost my voice over the crowds. lol

Basically you need to know when the photographers are done and move to the next pose as well in the groups. It's not that hard and I ended up being the one to run a lot of the photoshoot gatherings I was apart of because know was sure of what to do despite not being the one that planned it.

The ones in green one the photoshoot list means that anpanels.com as confirmed the phtotshoot. You should be getting an email from fingers once it's confirmed.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 03-12-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #62
Grimmjow99

Quote:
Usually the idea of 'going with the flow' doesn't pan out. You actually need someone to say "Alright lets get X and Y up here" and then "Now can we have all of the A's up here?"
...otherwise people just stand around rather awkwardly. You don't need a ton of planning, just the ability to speak up and make/listen to suggestions.

So yeah, you need someone directing it. I mean when you are on a panel the idea is to speak up, it's same idea here. If no one is willing to run it, then I would suggest they not bother.
Ok so if no one is or has offically mentioned that they are running it? Will our spot on the Photoshoot schedule be taken down because of that?
Grimmjow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #63
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_H_Sakura5 View Post
Both of us who are running the Digimon Panel have signed up last week and are waiting for it to be confirmed and to know if we did anything wrong on anpanels.com

Also, again I'll ask and hope to get an answer this time, if you are planning to get your pass on Thursday instead of Friday are those running a Photoshoot still able to get their 'Panelist' Passes. Do we still go to the York Room on Thursday or somewhere else.
Digimon was confirmed this morning. It was under two different names so I had to go and merge them.
York room should be open Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow99 View Post
Ok so if no one is or has offically mentioned that they are running it? Will our spot on the Photoshoot schedule be taken down because of that?
Whomever did the email and set stuff up on anpanels is the person responsible for running the photoshoot. If they no longer want to run it they should contact me so I can take it off the schedule.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #64
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
so does someone need to be officially running the photoshoot? Because I've heard that for 1 or two they don't really have anyone, but just more or less "go with the flow" I just wanted to know.
I think this more or less depends on the people at the shoot. For the Atlus shoot last year my friend and I just helped move it along but overall everyone was joining in on poses and what to do and such. We did make a plan ahead of time of what order to do things and such but most of that got thrown out the window.

On the other hand the Blue Exorcist shoot I hosted(at a different con) I was explicitly stating who should go up and when to move on and such. Otherwise everyone would have just stood around awkwardly.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #65
Shigatsu
sewing maniac

quick question can I set up a photoshoot time and location and submit it if I am not the one who made the forum. They don't seem to be doing anything about it and I would love to see it happen and the place that I think would work nicely is filling up fast.

Anime North 2013
Friday: Nako Oshimizu - Hanasaku Iroha
Saturday: Watanabe Kanako - Star Driver
Sunday: Mai - Avatar the Last Airbender

Shigatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #66
musicalcats
Mars Fire Ignite

Quote:
Your helper has not signed up yet.

Edit: If they don't want panel credit and don't want to get their pass at the York room let me know. I don't want to close things as its more difficult to add people after that's done.
I also have a personal beef when people use the ":/" face.
Okay, so they have to sign up at anpanels.com then?
Don't take it so personal. I was only asking a question. A lot of the time I use smileys when I post, like above. ^ I didn't mean anything by it. That's my confused smiley.

Anime North 2015:
Tsunade (Naruto) (Friday)
Sailor Chibi Moon (Sailor Moon) (Saturday)
Tellu (Sailor Moon) (Sunday)
My cosplay page:
musicalcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #67
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalcats View Post
Okay, so they have to sign up at anpanels.com then?
Don't take it so personal. I was only asking a question. A lot of the time I use smileys when I post, like above. ^ I didn't mean anything by it. That's my confused smiley.
Well, if they want panel credit and/or want to get their badge at the York office, yes - they have to sign up on anpanels.com. Everything from anpanels.com sign up info will be printed out and handled by the people there.

If they have no interest in those side benefits - thats fine too, I can close it without them being there - I just want to make sure everyones being included who wants to be.

Sorry - always have seen the ":/" as being 'disappointed' - i'll take note that you don't mean it that way.
I suppose i'm under more stress this year then usual and i'm being a sensitive prick lol.

Unread 03-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #68
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigatsu View Post
quick question can I set up a photoshoot time and location and submit it if I am not the one who made the forum. They don't seem to be doing anything about it and I would love to see it happen and the place that I think would work nicely is filling up fast.
Yes, you snooze, you lose.

Unread 03-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #69
musicalcats
Mars Fire Ignite

Quote:
Well, if they want panel credit and/or want to get their badge at the York office, yes - they have to sign up on anpanels.com. Everything from anpanels.com sign up info will be printed out and handled by the people there.

If they have no interest in those side benefits - thats fine too, I can close it without them being there - I just want to make sure everyones being included who wants to be.

Sorry - always have seen the ":/" as being 'disappointed' - i'll take note that you don't mean it that way.
I suppose i'm under more stress this year then usual and i'm being a sensitive prick lol.
Okay, cool, thank you. I'll let them now. I would never be disappointed w/ these photoshoots. I'm just asking a question and am confused by it. I'm glad that you are helping make them happen, thank you. I know how stressful things can be. Today was pretty bad for me. >_<
Btw, I'm having a private photoshoot and was wondering if you could help me? I was going to have it in one of the locations that wasn't chosen from last year, but now is, so I was wondering if you have a good suggestion on where to have it? I have around 30 or so people. Any good locations you can suggest? Thank you.

Anime North 2015:
Tsunade (Naruto) (Friday)
Sailor Chibi Moon (Sailor Moon) (Saturday)
Tellu (Sailor Moon) (Sunday)
My cosplay page:
musicalcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #70
Grimmjow99

Hey dire kitty, how long does it take for An panels to confirm your photoshoot?
Unread 03-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #71
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalcats View Post
Okay, cool, thank you. I'll let them now. I would never be disappointed w/ these photoshoots. I'm just asking a question and am confused by it. I'm glad that you are helping make them happen, thank you. I know how stressful things can be. Today was pretty bad for me. >_<
Btw, I'm having a private photoshoot and was wondering if you could help me? I was going to have it in one of the locations that wasn't chosen from last year, but now is, so I was wondering if you have a good suggestion on where to have it? I have around 30 or so people. Any good locations you can suggest? Thank you.
If you don't mind walking to the Sheraton there is a nice area right around the back with some trees and bushes and some nice green space. There's even a picnic table to put your stuff on. (If you are facing the sheraton, you would head to the left and go that way).

Quote:
Hey dire kitty, how long does it take for An panels to confirm your photoshoot?
I have to do it manually so I guess "when Katerina gets her lazy ass around to it" would be the best answer lol.
Edit: But I try and get through it once a day to clear stuff out. If its a couple of days let me know, if it doesn't go through under photoshoots I won't see it.
Edit2: I cleared out the Q. There's 8 shoots on there where i'm still waiting on people to sign up or be told no one else will sign up. Some of the shoots on the list are not on anpanels.com yet either.

Last edited by DireKitty : 03-13-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Unread 03-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #72
Grimmjow99

Ok let me get this straight b/c i'm a newbie at this even after your 2nd explaination to me...I'm sorry i just want to make sure i got everything clear before AN.

If I do a photoshoot for on each day of AN for the same series/anime does it count as 3 credits or just 1 because it's only 1 series?

This is the lingering Q i have even though this is like the 3rd time and you've tried to answer it for me as best you can. Sorry, I'm losing so much brain cells :P

Last edited by Grimmjow99 : 03-13-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #73
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Ok let me get this straight b/c i'm a newbie at this even after your 2nd explaination to me...I'm sorry i just want to make sure i got everything clear before AN.

If I do a photoshoot for on each day of AN for the same series/anime does it count as 3 credits or just 1 because it's only 1 series?

This is the lingering Q i have even though this is like the 3rd time and you've tried to answer it for me as best you can. Sorry, I'm losing so much brain cells :P
lol thats okay. I'm not firing all cylinders either.

3 photoshoots = 3 credits. Doesn't matter if you do three different series or the same series three times. Doesn't matter if you are the person running it, or the person helping them out with shot calling or crowd control.

Unread 03-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #74
Grimmjow99

OMG thank you so much, I just don't want to be giving the AN organizers a hard time because of any confusion.
Unread 03-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #75
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
OMG thank you so much, I just don't want to be giving the AN organizers a hard time because of any confusion.
No worries, it's just me and panelguru pretty much.