Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 02-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Letters

Nami (LoL) Help needed

I was actually going to make this topic a little while ago but the forums were down! I'm giong to be cosplaying Nami for colossalcon and for all of you who don't know what she looks like this is her.
http://www.boompje.net/uploads/1354764882_Koi_Nami.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mOUGR6uQ06...0/koi+nami.png

I'm going her koi skin becauseI think it's absolutely lovely.

But heres the biggest problem I have right now. I'm not sure exactly how I want to do the upper. I thought I could use body paint but that's first of all expensive and also really time consuming. Especially since I want to be in the water for a couple pictures. I'm thinking a body suit would work but then I have the issue of the pattern and the fact that she clearly has boobs and I would have the make the chest part very skin tight and I'm not sure how to do that. Also should I use two different color fabrics and sew them together to accomplish this pattern or should I paint it ? I really don't think painting would be a good idea because of the stretch? But I dont know how I would even sew that.

The second problem comes from tail. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing for it mostly but does anybody have a cheap suggestion for scales? I know a lot of people use latex but latex is expensive! I still want a texture and it has to have a little stretch too... I want to do a neoprene base and then maybe spandex or Lycra over it with the patten and armor ect.

ALSO the hair. I'm thinking using a very /thin/ helmet and wiring craft foam "seaweed" pieces into it. I feel like it will work nicely but I'm not sure? I just wanted a second opinion on that. I was gonna have the headpiece attached the the helmet as well.

Sorry this is kind of long haha. I just have never done something quite like this! I would appreciate any help
Letters is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

1) id buy a creme zentai suit and have someone paint it while it is on u. sewing will not create that effect u want.
2)for tails you may want to go to the prop forum as they are more skilled. but it also will matter if you want to actually swim in it or not
3)id use a helmet w some padding to give it a bump for the sheer volume of hair she has. the for her hair id use whatever material the tail is made of as it looks like it is the same
Fem!Austrian War Succesion France (Hetalia/Nyotalia)- 10% done
Fem!Izaya (Drrr!)- 90% done
Magent!Teto (Vocaloid)- 95% done
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote