Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 03-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Angelus-chan
Girl, Interrupted

Chocolate Chainsaw from Luxembourg (my problem with light skinned characters)

haha put up that title to make you curious..no racist! ;D

Hi everyone!

My Name is Myriam and i'm 23 years old~
I'm a member of cosplay.com since 2008 but i never introduced myself in the Forum
I am from Luxembourg but I was born in Brazil. I got adopted when i was 1 month old.
And I my first Cosplay was Ritsuka when I was 16. X'D

In total i have worn 20 cosplays till now...and today i am satisfied with 1/4 of them. (those 1/4 are the ones who are in my profile haha)
I stopped cosplaying light skinned characters NOT because of racist comments (I never received rascist comments) but because I felt better in Cosplays of dark skinned characters.

I discovered this feeling, when i was Ciel 2 years ago on a convention..and the 2nd day of the convention i cosplayed as Hannah from Black Butler 2 which is dark skinned. And i clearly felt better as Hannah. And I also had more fun wearing a cosplay of a dark skinned character.

Yes I know: "You should wear that outfit of the character you love...not who you resemble! It's about fun etc etc.." I also have said these words very often! And yes i still respect all the dark skinned peple who cosplay light skinned chracaters. Compared to me, they still feel good and have fun wearing these outfits...and i love tumblrs like cosplayingwhileblack. But for me ..it's over.

But i customized Juliet from Lollipop Chainsaw to Chocolate Chainsaw... because it just felt so right doing this and i thought it was a real fun idea just replacing lollis with chocolate! It was a one time only thing..and i very happy that people liked the idea. So the cosplay was twice as fun for me! But please don't think that i pick every black characer i can find... i cosplay as the black characters that i like. For ths year i am really looking forward to cosplay as Choi from Tamako Market and Ms.Fortune from Skullgirls.

I am only on german and french conventions...but since i know acksonls awesome cosplay videos i hope to go on a american convention someday! The locations are 100 times more beautiful as the european ones. And i would like to experience the athmosphere of american conventions. ^-^

that was enough talking.. ._.;

bye!
Angelus-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Welcome to the forums! Hope to see you around a lot ^-^ I like your version of Juliet (:

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
PiceCookies

I love your version of Juliet! I actually came across it by accident (maybe Facebook?) and I thought it was really creative. Your other cosplays are really good, too.
PiceCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
MirniMausi
Just live more

Oh hey Angelus, welcome!
Dunno if you remember, but we talked on dA a while ago ^^

~Up Next~
Yoko Minato/ Kamen Rider Marika (Kamen Rider Gaim)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote