Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 03-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
Ilafatyu
That guy

I've burned myself a few times on an iron. Most of the scars have healed, at least.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #17
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

the worst so far was when my sister left her pin cushion on the floor of room, which had the sewing machine and etc. i wasn't looking where i stepped and my foot landed right on top. wasn't fun at all, ironic thing was my sister accidently did again about 3 days later and did the same. Lets say our feet was in incredible pain. it's minor compared to what will come, but hurt so badXD

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #18
Ilafatyu
That guy

So many pin cushion injuries. Those things should come with motion sensors hooked up to LEDs and sirens.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #19
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
Ah, the x-acto knife cut...it's happened to all of us...
And one of those reasons why X-acto knife cuts are so bad is because A. they're literally razor sharp. B. when you get cut by one, you're aware of the previous places that knife blade has been
C0rvu51nku8a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #20
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
So many pin cushion injuries. Those things should come with motion sensors hooked up to LEDs and sirens.
Exactly! X"D

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #21
BrokenAlice
fields of hope ☆

It's not as bad as most of your injuries but one time I was ironing fabric for a cosplay I was going to work on and I set the iron down to adjust the fabric, but little did I realize the iron would tip over. It fell on my arm and hurt so much wow ! (゚Д゚|||) Now I know to set the iron down FAR AWAY from me before adjusting whatever i'm ironing haha
- -SDCC '14
»*undecided so far*
BrokenAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #22
BlazeofWar60
lolz

So far my worst has been getting my thumb skin scratched all over from carrying Momiji Inubashiri's shield for all 3 days at Katsucon 19. The skin right below where the thumb nail starts growing was scratched all over and started bleeding a bit.

"This world is hell, we were born into hell. That doesn't change the fact that I can find ways to enjoy it."
"It's simply a matter of choice - this world sucks to you because you choose it to be so to you."
BlazeofWar60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Not sure if this is a injury but had a semi Heat Stroke wearing my first cosplay. Was way to hot but after 20 cups of ice cold water,cold air,and rest I felt better. Other that I guess when I tried to hot glue wax my eyebrows cause I couldn't afford to get it done at a salon. The hot glue took skin along with the hairs

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #24
Maurishio-kun
You can call me Mau

I've pinched my fingers with the needle while sewing, thankfully wihtout blood.

CURRENT COSPLAYS

Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25%
Takato (Digimon Tamers) 50%
Leo (Barra / SuperCracks (Original) 45%

"There are only two things in this world that you can't change: The star we orbit and my opinion about adults"

-Annonymous-
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #25
cowsrcute

The worst thing ever for me was I made my hoop skirt and the tip came off one of the hoops so it stabbed through the hoop skirt. Every time I sat down, it scratched my leg. I felt it but couldn't find out what was happening with quick inspections. Later I bled through the skirt and my gown so I finally decided to look. My leg was cut very bad. I'm still scarred from it. The worse injury about my cosplay didn't happen to me. I had to sew many layers of fabric together so my mom said she can sew it for me under her machine. Mine couldn't take it because it was so thick. My mom has a factory machine from when she use to work in Korea. She hadn't used it in a long time so it was so fast and strong it pulled her finger under. We had to put the machine in reverse and later her nail rotted off but grew back now. She says it was the third time it happened to her.
cowsrcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #26
HeartlessNobody
King & Lionheart

I stabbed the side of my knee with the seam ripper. > 3>

the seam ripper was on my bed and I wasn't paying attention and I repositioned myself to some how use my leg to stab myself with it.

It hurt, but there wasn't a lot of blood, which surprised me, because it went in fairly deep.

What I am working on:
Wicked Lady - Sailor Moon
Ben Paul - The Walking Dead Game
Belarus - Hetalia
Wildcat - JKMM
HeartlessNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #27
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

@Rangiku12- Love the new avatar pic!
C0rvu51nku8a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #28
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I've burned myself multiple times with the glue gun while making my little niece her Chibi Moon wig! >.< Stabbed myself a lot with needles O.O

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #29
Musouka_Ningyou

I've thankfully never had a serious injury from cosplay, despite being a bit accident-prone.

I've had the standard iron and hot glue burns, sewing through my fingers while handsewing (I've pricked myself badly enough to bleed a few times, but mostly I've just gotten the skin in there, so I just pull it and breaks the skin and comes out), overheating in cosplays (nothing nearing heatstroke, thankfully, though I did get pretty heatsick at the lolita picnic at Fanime one year), etc. I've also gotten my arms pretty scratched up by armor, which was my own fault, since I didn't finish the insides and forgot to bring a long-sleeved shirt to wear underneath. I burned myself somewhat badly while making my prop martini, but that was also entirely my own fault, since I was stupid and accidentally touched the pan I used to melt the simulated water while checking to see how hot it was. Not really an injury, but I once used a different brand of eyelash glue that I must have been allergic to, since it made my eye go all crazy in the middle of Fanime one year. I tend to have sensitive eyes and that eye is prone to infection anyway, so now I make sure to use the same brand of glue every time I use false lashes, since I know I don't have issues with it.

Probably my worst, and I can't remember if it was a cosplay injury or general sewing injury, was when I sewed through my finger on a sewing machine. It wasn't bad enough to need stitches, and the needle broke in half when it hit my bone (thankfully the tip looked intact and I haven't had any issues with it in the years since, so nothing broke off inside my finger), but it hurt quite a bit and left a nice little scar on my finger. I'm still not sure how I managed that.

That's about it! I hope I don't get any cosplay injuries more serious than that in the future.
)(er Imperious Condescension (Homestuck)Ballgown Dreamer Roxy Lalonde (Homestuck)
Misc. other cosplays
Musouka_Ningyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #30
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

As for the worst injuries in one day: My Isaak Von Kampfer cosplay gets the award for that.

All in one day, I stabbed myself in my finger, Knuckle, knee, chest and butt with pins. Don't even ask how I managed half of those.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote