Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 03-10-2004, 08:48 PM   #1
Selphie_fairy

Coverup (for blemishes,scars, etc.)

I'm probably not the only one thinking about this but does anyone recommend a coverup brand? I have a couple of scars that I would like to coverup and sometimes when I break out I need it as well. I use mineral powder to lessen the redness on my face as well as covering up but it oesn't do so well. Any suggestions?
Selphie_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2004, 08:58 PM   #2
yuffieleonheart

try a concealer stick and then some loose powder. o_o it works pretty good for me. i try not to wear makeup but sometimes for photoshoots i hate having a lil blemish ruin my pics. i use clean and clear stuff because it's medicated so it will also help your blemishes go away while it covers it
Unread 03-10-2004, 09:39 PM   #3
Chibi Bunni
Warm Milk & Honey Please!

Well ANY concealer will do. Some are better than others. Clean and clear isnt such a good brand for covering stuff up [from what I remember], but it has that medication thing too. 'Express Makeup' is a real good one.. it lasts pretty long [and is oil-free] and evens out skin tone.
Unread 03-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #4
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

If you want something made specifically to cover scars, try Dermablend. It's a little pricey and is very very thick, but it will completely cover scars.
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2004, 09:45 PM   #5
archangeli
~ Ich bin da. ~

I'm not a person for heavy makeup - I never wear foundation.

Every day I use M.A.C.'s Studio Finish Concealer SPF 15 to spot conceal any redness, undereye circles and blemishes, then set it with a loose translucent powder.

Try to find one close to your skin tone, but with a slightly yellow-ish colortone base so that it will tone down the redness of scars and blemishes.

This stuff comes in a small pot but since you don't use a lot at once, it'll last a long time.

If you scars aren't keloidal (puffy, purple and ugly... *sigh* i have one on my leg) that should be all you really need.
Unread 03-11-2004, 10:27 AM   #6
HuongStar

Dermablend is great for hardcore coverage jobs like tattoos and birthmarks but as Maryssa said, it can be very thick. If you want something that isn't as opaque, I'd suggest MAC Studio Finish or Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge.

If you don't prep your skin before covering up any blemishes, you've wasted all your work. Proper skincare always comes first.
Unread 03-11-2004, 01:41 PM   #7
Romann
Fantastic Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryssa
If you want something made specifically to cover scars, try Dermablend. It's a little pricey and is very very thick, but it will completely cover scars.

Will it rub off on your costume? That's the one thing that concerns me.
Unread 03-11-2004, 01:48 PM   #8
mikazuki
三日月

I use to wear it when I competed in beauty pageants and no it didn't rub off on my WHITE swimsuit unlike normal makeup that DID rub off. Not fun being on stage with makeup on my arse....
mikazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2004, 02:05 PM   #9
HuongStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir Lumine
Will it rub off on your costume? That's the one thing that concerns me.
Noir: I love your icon!

Dermablend has a companion "setting powder" that will help keep it in place. I remember a few customers complaining about minor stains but I think it was because they applied it in "high chafe" areas to cover up tattoos (arms, wrist, et al).