Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
xpanduhh

Best place to buy wigs?

Hey guys! My sister and I are cosplaying pokemon gijinkas for Khatickon this year, and I need wigs! I really don't have a wig store I always order from, I usually get advice from friends, but the wig store I used to order from ( ordered from it twice ) isn't currently selling their wigs, so I need more! I'm not looking for a certian style, but I wanna know whats a good wig store to buy from that's a) reliable and b) doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks! C:

- Gilbert Nightay ( Pandora Hearts ) { 100% }
- Magnet! Len ( Vocaloid ) { 100% }
- Matryoshka! Len ( Vocaloid ) { 100% }
- Reo Baskerville ( Pandora Hearts ) { 100% }

Next Cosplay:
- Yuiko ( Loveless ) { 30% }

Cons attending:
Shadocon 2014
xpanduhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Arda Wigs and Epic Cosplay are both very reputable US sellers. Their quality is wonderful, and while they're more expensive than most eBay wigs, you definitely get what you pay for. If you're going with longer wigs, I would recommend Epic Cosplay as they don't tangle much. Both have larger-sized wigs, so if you've got, say, a head 23-24 inches in circumference, you're set. Even if your head is smaller, they can still fit well. (I have a 22 inch head and they fit fine with the exception of their specialty wigs.)

A seller I've heard great things about is Moemall. They sell Lucaille wigs from Taobao, which are gorgeous from what I've seen. The only issue would be they have smaller-sized wigs, so if you have a larger head, they'll be uncomfortable. I believe they sell out of China, so it might take awhile for your wig to arrive.

I've also heard good things about Fantasy Sheep on eBay.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
xpanduhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
Arda Wigs and Epic Cosplay are both very reputable US sellers. Their quality is wonderful, and while they're more expensive than most eBay wigs, you definitely get what you pay for. If you're going with longer wigs, I would recommend Epic Cosplay as they don't tangle much. Both have larger-sized wigs, so if you've got, say, a head 23-24 inches in circumference, you're set. Even if your head is smaller, they can still fit well. (I have a 22 inch head and they fit fine with the exception of their specialty wigs.)

A seller I've heard great things about is Moemall. They sell Lucaille wigs from Taobao, which are gorgeous from what I've seen. The only issue would be they have smaller-sized wigs, so if you have a larger head, they'll be uncomfortable. I believe they sell out of China, so it might take awhile for your wig to arrive.

I've also heard good things about Fantasy Sheep on eBay.
Thanks for your input! C:
I know wigs can be a little pricey, but I didn't wanna spend like 100$ on a wig or something like that. But I as expecting to pay around 30$-60$ for the style of wig I was looking into, so looking on Epic Cosplay, they look to be around the price range I wanted. C: Thanks so much for all the stores! I'll be looking into them. C:

- Gilbert Nightay ( Pandora Hearts ) { 100% }
- Magnet! Len ( Vocaloid ) { 100% }
- Matryoshka! Len ( Vocaloid ) { 100% }
- Reo Baskerville ( Pandora Hearts ) { 100% }

Next Cosplay:
- Yuiko ( Loveless ) { 30% }

Cons attending:
Shadocon 2014
xpanduhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
novaraven1

My fav for tangle free long wigs is epiccosplay.com, check their sale section right now for some really nice colours.

The five wits is an american seller that uses the same supplier as arda wigs, they specialize in prestyled character wigs
http://thefivewits.net/

You can now buy directly from lucaille wigs on their own website lucaille.com, you don't have to go thru moemall anymore (theyre in australia and have higher prices for reselling them). They are awesome for hard to find colours, especially the two toned wigs.
for an even wider range of products try their taobao store http://shop33700042.taobao.com/
you can e-mail them to order directly if you list the product name and number.

other nice places to check are CCkids on ebay:
http://stores.ebay.ca/C-C-KIDS-store...d=438628493517
they sell wigs that fit smaller head sizes but have soft heat resistant fiber

and Ayanamisatoru
http://stores.ebay.com/Ayanamisatoru-cosplay-wig?_rdc=1
they have some prestyled stuff and good quality for the price

There are many choices out there for wigs but other people have done lots of work reviewing them if you look for them on here and other cosplay sites. youtube is awesome to look things up on too.

happy hunting!