Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Doctor Who

Unread 03-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
DestaneeB.

Help With The Eleventh Doctor

I am wanting to put together a female version of the eleventh doctor. I am thinking more along the lines of a skirt instead of trousers. I was wondering if I could get help finding a decent jacket for fairly cheap and was wondering what material I should use for the skirt.

Much Love,
Destanee (:
DestaneeB. is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestaneeB. View Post
I am wanting to put together a female version of the eleventh doctor. I am thinking more along the lines of a skirt instead of trousers. I was wondering if I could get help finding a decent jacket for fairly cheap and was wondering what material I should use for the skirt.

Much Love,
Destanee (:
I'd use black denim in the skirt. For the jacket, I went back to thrift stores over and over until I found a jacket resembling his plaid one (same colors in similar order). Then I added elbow patches, and VOILA! They're fairly common. I see at least one in some size or another every time I go to a thrift store.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
DestaneeB.

Thank you so much (: Now I have another problem... The shirt. I cant really pay the expensive price of a Paul Smith shirt like he wears. Any ideas on some good replicas fairly inexpensive? (:
DestaneeB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

You can buy a replica going through a group-buy like this: http://honorarydoctor.livejournal.com/26523.html , or you can get something similar like a striped shirt and add the trim. Look for a half-inch or so wide ribbon. I used velvet ribbon on my mine because it doesn't shine in pictures. Here are a few pictures of the sleeve detail:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_TcWHiqyb4Ag/S0...ail%20crop.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TcWHiqyb4A...+Hour+1586.jpg
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote