Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
fyrephoenix

Post Pokemon Erika Cosplay help!

Alright so here it is. I am working on an Erika cosplay for Anime North (upcoming con in Toronto come May) most the rest of my group has their stuff together but my issue is the skirt/hakama. It looks to me more like a pleated skirt with a hakama style belt top part to it, but i'm unsure of how to go about making it as i want to try and make it as well as i can. Also how would one go about making the pleats stay in place? I don't really have money for the moment so i can't go buying more materials (such as stiffeners)

Can anyone maybe help me figure it out? I have the yukata style top part done just needs hemming and the blue pokeball looking design put on it, if i get to that come may lol but yes any help will do for me. I just need the advice quick enough so that i might come to a plan. :P

This is what it looks like (:
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0...3_1__large.jpg
fyrephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Link doesn't work. If it's her red and yellow outfit, yes that does look like a hakama style skirt. Pleating a circle skirt is difficult, so you may be better off making regular hakama. Spray starch is the only thing I'm aware of (for keeping pleats crisp). Looking at photos of hakama, they look just like her outfit. Sorry I can't be of more help!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Talossa
We try hardcore!

There is such a thing as unsplit hakama, which is basically a skirt, and there are a few tutorials online that go over how to make unsplit hakama. I've got absolutely no idea if that's what she's wearing or how appropriate that would be, though.

Aside from starching, you can also edge stitch down the edge of the pleats. Tedious, but it works.
Talossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
fyrephoenix

Alright i'll try that, now i just have to figure out the blue patch thingies lol fabric paint is hard to find in a pale blue color.....or blue in general XD
fyrephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote