Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Unread 03-12-2004, 03:02 AM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Thursday Pre-con Photoshoots 5/13/04

Hey everyone,

I haven't bought my airline tickets yet, but I'm shooting for arriving to Anime Central around 1pm on Thursday, the day before the convention starts, mainly to settle in, hang out with friends, and take photoshoots. The past couple of years when the convention has been at the wonderful Hyatt hotel (since 2002) I've always arrived there Friday morning, but this year will be different, and I plan to get there a day early. So after I get settled in, I'll be wandering around the hotel in the afternoon/evening, looking for cosplayers to take pictures of. (These will be INDIVIDUAL costume-pictures, and NOT a big photoshoot group, which will be on Saturday, 5/15, time & place: TBD) I'll be joining up with Admin & Aeris later, and then getting some rest before the big weekend starts..

So I'm making this thread to see who plans to be there on Thursday, and who plans to cosplay. (Richieed may wear her Asuka dress, and wants me to cosplay as Shinji with her, so I may cosplay as Shinji-boy during that time..) I'll be taking photos throughout the afternoon/evening, so if you have multiple costumes that you want to have pictures taken of, feel free to change into them and then come find me. Since you took the time to change, it's only fair that I get a few pictures.

See you at Anime Central in 2 months!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2004, 08:43 AM   #2
SoulCrash
Canon 7D w/ 17-55 580exII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
So I'm making this thread to see who plans to be there on Thursday, and who plans to cosplay.
I'm damn sure that I'll cosplay on pre-con Thursday. Even though I'm in the ACen staff, I have to see the WTF? facial reaction of Shinichi Watanabe when I cosplay as himself as Nabeshin.
Unread 03-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #3
Troppy
That was... objectionable

*waves* I'm going to be there sometime Thursday to get past the pre-reg lines if they open up the day before again. If you'll be taking photos, I may haul out my Rinoa costume a day early! ^-^ It's looking so beautiful and very accurate, and I'd like a few special shots since my massive Friday group may overwhelm the oppurtunity to get a few images by myself. I'll repost later once I know for sure. What a great, cute idea!
Troppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2004, 12:38 AM   #4
ACen Guy Brown
Tastes Great on Toast!

I'll be there Thursday around 5pm or 6pm... I won't be cosplaying but I'm thinking of having a photo shoot with the ACen Guys (my posse) because my 3 fans demand it! lol
ACen Guy Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2004, 08:40 AM   #5
RedPikachu
Love Long and Prosper

if this is for sure, then yes. i'll be there ^_^
RedPikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2004, 10:59 AM   #6
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

RedPikachu: I've already got the time off for that Thursday, and Lionel already extended our room for Thursday, so the only thing left is to secure airline tickets so that I arrive around 1:00pm. So it's 95% fersure going to happen, just that last 5% being my credit-card is ready to swallow the airline ticket fare.. hehe What costume would you wear on TH for a photoshoot?

Troppy: I remember your Yuna costume(s) from last year; will you have them again this year? I can't wait to see your Rinoa!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2004, 11:20 AM   #7
Troppy
That was... objectionable

Well, sweetie, I'm always Yuna at ONE point in a con or another. *giggle* Saturday I'm shooting for Wedding Yuna still, but my progress is going so slowly that I may not have it finished. I still have Summoner, Songstress, Thief (my award-winning baby!), and Gunner in the wings to pull out as replacements, but they all have their pros and cons and it's hard to choose which ones are wear-able at such a large event. If you (or anyone else) prefers to see me and/or get photos of one of my outfits, feel free to make suggestions. :P

Rinoa is so close to being finished already that I'm sure she'll be there. Just gotta get that wig. ^-^ Can't wait to see you.
Troppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 08:22 AM   #8
RikkuX
Rikku the Anbu Sand Ninja

Hey if theres any availble spots/times, I'd like to sign up for a photoshoot on Thursday. Not to mention see all you fine people a day early before the con ^_^ I really like the clear pictures you take, Eurobeat King and i can probably bring out my Rei costume if you're doing Asuka and Shinji.

Yay for ACen Guy Brown! I'll try to catch you on AIM

And i know what you mean, Troppy about wearing Yuna at least at one point during a con, same goes here for Rikku...its just kinda like a tradition ^_^;
RikkuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 02:29 PM   #9
Richii
Like the Samurai

hehe. its gonna be fun! We're still on for dinner yeah? (are Admin and Aeris comin' to?)

TenimyUSA The Prince of Tennis Musical Cosplay Group
Richii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 02:40 PM   #10
Ayana
Accio!

Hey, I should be there at some point during the day on Thursday, since I want to avoid the pre-reg line Friday if at all possible...so I'd definitely be up for this! Not sure which costume I'd wear, though...depends on what actually gets finished in time.

under-the-gun.org
Ayana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 04:17 PM   #11
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

I shall be there as.......Terry Bogard, Johnny, or Calintz. I guess I'll decide at the con!
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 04:45 PM   #12
AllStarAlice
Astrosexy

I'll be there on Thursday, I have that day off from school...so I could be there any time of the day on Thursday. I'm not sure what costume I could wear then, probably Milk from Pop N Music or Warrior Yuna from FFX-2...if I end up doing this of course ^_^;;;;
Unread 03-14-2004, 07:49 PM   #13
R1KKu

Hopefully I can be there, depending on what time I get off of work. What time is this photoshoot going to happen and is there a meeting place for it?
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 08:45 PM   #14
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

okay, I was opposed to getting into costume Thursday just to pick up my pre-reg, but this is starting to sound interesting. Are you just going to prowl around looking for early cosplayers, or do you plan to set up something to meet and greet?

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2004, 06:59 AM   #15
RikkuX
Rikku the Anbu Sand Ninja

i think we ought to have a set place to meet (and/or maybe a time) because otherwise we're gonna be random ppl in costumes walking around like we dont know what day it is. ^_^
RikkuX is offline   Reply With Quote