Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Closed Thread
Unread 08-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #61
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Are there any text or filesize limits for the various fields? I'm having trouble posting an ad. I've tried clearing the cache and logging off.

EDIT: Can't post from my cell phone either.
Not that I'm aware of but I'll check. There's probably a limit on the photo size, around 2MB for an upload and then it resizes it.

Unread 08-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #62
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

I can't post any new ads either and all my photos are normal sized. It says server error.

Does it when I try to search something too...

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE

Last edited by Michi : 09-02-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: merging a double post
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #63
Cyanna
Yarrrrn Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Not that I'm aware of but I'll check. There's probably a limit on the photo size, around 2MB for an upload and then it resizes it.
That did it. Two of the photos were over 2 MB. Thank you.

Next conventions: Otakon, Anime Weekend Atlanta
Currently working on (commission): "Companion Cube" [custom] Mabel Pines (Gravity Falls)
Currently working on (personal): Fem!Pacha (The Emperor's New Groove), Spidermom ver. 3 (Homestuck)
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #64
Cyanna
Yarrrrn Pirate

Sorry for the double post. I have a new question/issue.

I have a number of links in my ad in particular

A link to a tumblr page explaining my policies in greater detail to help avoid tl;dr.

A link to my Deviantart portfolio, which is more extensive then my coscom photos.

A link to a website to help anyone who might come to me to commission an item that is commercially available for much cheaper (a school uniform vest in particular).

Several links leading to posts on this forum where clients have left reviews. I started accepting commissions after the old Market shut down so ALL of my reviws are on the forum.

The problem is that it lookis like the site automatically adds a "http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/" to the beginning of every link. Since no such site exists, all my links lead to an error page.

Even if I assume this was meant to discourage linking to outside websites, could it be fixed so that at least the links leading to the coscom forums work?

Next conventions: Otakon, Anime Weekend Atlanta
Currently working on (commission): "Companion Cube" [custom] Mabel Pines (Gravity Falls)
Currently working on (personal): Fem!Pacha (The Emperor's New Groove), Spidermom ver. 3 (Homestuck)
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #65
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Sorry for the double post. I have a new question/issue.

I have a number of links in my ad in particular

A link to a tumblr page explaining my policies in greater detail to help avoid tl;dr.

A link to my Deviantart portfolio, which is more extensive then my coscom photos.

A link to a website to help anyone who might come to me to commission an item that is commercially available for much cheaper (a school uniform vest in particular).

Several links leading to posts on this forum where clients have left reviews. I started accepting commissions after the old Market shut down so ALL of my reviws are on the forum.

The problem is that it lookis like the site automatically adds a "http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/" to the beginning of every link. Since no such site exists, all my links lead to an error page.

Even if I assume this was meant to discourage linking to outside websites, could it be fixed so that at least the links leading to the coscom forums work?
Odd, thanks for letting me know, I'll check into it. Just to check, are you putting http:// before your links?
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #66
ObitoTheHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninbri View Post
I can't post any new ads either and all my photos are normal sized. It says server error.
I'm having the same problem!

Future Cosplays:
Gilbert Nightray [Pandora Hearts]
Roxas [Kingdom Hearts II]
Lovino/Romano (South Italy) [Axis Powers Hetalia]
Kyouya Ootori [Ouran Highschool Host Club]

Finished Cosplays:
Pikachu [Pokemon]- Anime Boston 2010
Belle [Disney's Beauty and the Beast]
Merida [Disney's Brave]
Rapunzel [Disney's Tangled]
Hungary [Axis Powers Hetalia]

My Deviantart:http://obitothehero.deviantart.com/
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #67
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but each time I log in and go to the reopened marketplace it signs me out so I sign back in but it signs me out on every single page in the marketplace and when I try to comment on my ad it says I'm not allowed to because it signed me out as I click the button to post comment. I'm using a tablet but its in desktop mode so not sure why its doing that. It does it on both my Internet browsers on iPad.

Edit: Nevermind figured it out

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 08-29-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #68
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninbri View Post
I am also having this issue and can not post an ad, when the marketplace first re-launched i was able to now it loads the page (however every page I go to I need to log back in)
and once I click submit i also receive server error or page not found if on a different browser.

this is true for internet explorer, firefox, chrome

constantly logging in is another issue, no matter where I am on the site i need to keep logging in every time i go to a new page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but each time I log in and go to the reopened marketplace it signs me out so I sign back in but it signs me out on every single page in the marketplace and when I try to comment on my ad it says I'm not allowed to because it signed me out as I click the button to post comment. I'm using a tablet but its in desktop mode so not sure why its doing that. It does it on both my Internet browsers on iPad.

Edit: Nevermind figured it out
what did you do to fix it?

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/

Last edited by Michi : 09-02-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: merging a double post
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #69
Ilafatyu
That guy

Chyeah, marketplace is back up. Cheers, admin, and may the startup glitches be minimal.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #70
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

I can not edit my ads or post them, I was able to delete(just to see if that worked) and it did, now I want to put my ad up.
Need help!

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Unread 09-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #71
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayase Shin View Post
I can not edit my ads or post them, I was able to delete(just to see if that worked) and it did, now I want to put my ad up.
Need help!
This has been reported by a few users so I will be looking into it over the next day or two. It's likely a permissions issue on the pages, but it might also be something caught in the server-wide spam filter. If anyone who had a server error also has a copy of what they tried to post that triggered the error, please send me an email with the ad (admin AT cosplay.com)
Unread 09-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #72
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Update on mobile app: The mobile forum version looks like it's ready to go now, we ran into a few bugs on Android and the developer fixed them last week.

Right now we're looking at going live on Tuesday. The app has everything from posting to threaded private messaging, even adding images to the forums (via attachment) from your phone's camera.
Unread 09-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #73
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Yea, please fix the server error in the marketplace..I can't post any ads now. I was able to when everyone else seemed to have the problem, but now I can't..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
Unread 09-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #74
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Stupid site won't load on my WiFi....again..getting kinda pissed since I already had this problem recently. Idk if this is anything, but both times it statted refusing to load, were directly after proud got booted. I know you guys have said that you won't ip ban him because it could ip ban someone else too, so I'm not sure If that's what happened both times..but yea, getting pretty sick of it..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
Closed Thread