Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 03-12-2004, 05:27 PM   #1
cloudette

Inuyasha from Inuyasha.

Hi everyone. This was my first seriouse attempt at cosplay at a convention. I was dressed as Inuyasha and had the luck to meet up and make friends with a very nice looking/pretty sesshomaru.!!! We are both girls by the way. I have to update some of the pictures on my site and I know I have to work on my posses but let me know what u guys think

http://www.tia-moon.com/myCosplayPhotos.html
cloudette is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2004, 07:31 PM   #2
Adara

Thats very good!! But, I think the Tetsuaiga's on the other side of his waist, I'm not quite sure *not much of an Inuyasha fan* And the sleeves look a bit odd [in the first pic, anyway.] They look like the sleeves on a girl's kimono, with the longer ends. I believe Inuyasha's sleeves just kind of gradually get wider going towards the wrists.

Aside from that, you did a terrific job! A lot of people mess up on Inuyasha, congrats on making it look good! The necklace looks great, and the ears too! ^_^

That Sesshoumaru is AMAZING, give my props to your friend.

2011 cosplay: Bellatrix LeStrange, Alice (SyFy miniseries)
Adara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2004, 12:56 PM   #3
SaiyenGirl
Butterfly

Wow that is really good! And as a Rin cosplayer I must say, your Sesshy is SESHOMARU-SAMA!!! Level.
Anyway, I looked and looked, and the more I look the more I find that I can't find anything wrong with your costume. It's really perfect. I absolutely love it! The only thing that you might want to do is get a longer wig, after all his hair is exceptionally long, but the wig you have now really doesn't take anything away from the costume.
I really like this, it's very good, especially for a first costume. Congrats on a great job! ^-^

Crane!Yuuko [xxxHolic] / Butterfly!Yuuko [xxxHolic] / San [Princess Mononoke]

SaiyenGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2004, 10:11 PM   #4
GoddesSilverRos
Angel Silver Rose

You did a wounderfull job but about the slaves. They doo look like a womans and not a amns. As I looked at the mans they go tight at the solders and gets bigger at the rists the whte uder part is a little bit to small also. Other then that you did a wounderfull job. ^^
GoddesSilverRos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 06:02 PM   #5
alostblackcat
freak on a leash

ditto what everyone else said bout your costume

but it really was wonderful!

i really enjoyed looking at the pics...

and i have been obsessed over Sesshoumaru for awhile and i practically fainted when i saw that pic

ehehh

awesome job!
alostblackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 07:14 PM   #6
HyperrrMouse
Verdandi Mouse

I love it, probably some of the very best Inu Yasha and Sesshoumaru costumes i have ever seen! And the Inu Yasha wig is perfect! the ears are great!! Fantastic work!
Unread 04-20-2004, 01:14 AM   #7
Yuuki
No Pattern Required

Oh my!! I remember you guys! You were some of the finer Inuyasha cosplayers I've seen! Your Inu wig isn't rats-nested and moppy looking (it looks really good!!), the ears are great too! I've seen so many people totally screw up the ears... But yes >P your Tessaiga goes on the other side (Though.. are you left handed?)

As for Sesshoumaru, -YUM- . The costume is gorgeous. I love the poofy-ness of the clothing, the sleves, the red/white pattern... all of it.

You two are an awesome pair! Wonderful job!

Last edited by Yuuki : 04-20-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Yuuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 09:21 AM   #8
Kurai Kaze
Swiss Army Dork

That's a wonderful Inu costume. Only comment I have is that his pants are Lantern Pants. They close at the ankles. Otherwise, most excellent!
Unread 04-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #9
cloudette

I just wanted to post a quick reply on the comments every one has given me. For one thanks for looking at my pics and for the nice comments. I have to answer some comments thought.

1) "Inuyashas sword is on the wrong side." Well that depends if you are talking about manga or anime Inuyasha. Manga Inuyasha sword is on the right side. He is left handed. My boyfriend at the time who is left handed pointed out this fact to me. I double checked to make sure he was right. The Anime Inuyasha is right handed. I have to admit that I was not being true to either mang or anime inuysha I was just picking stuff from both versions. I plan to move the sword to the other side since my costume is more anime then manga version. Also I am taking some sword classes in hopes of improving my posing with the sword. side not: I just thought of this. I have been reading the Viz version of inuyasha and I am not sure if they flip the panel when they translate. That could be why I thought it he is left handed. Either way I am going to move the sword.

2) "the sleaves should taper at the under arms." I made my Inu shirt using a book called "the book of kimono". It shows you how to make traditional japanes clothes from your body measurements. I also did alot of research on Japanese clothes of that time period and I did not see any clothes that had sleeves (like European sleeves) that where small at the shoulder and went big at the wrist. Japanese clothes were made from squares of material. So they did not have much form to them. Sorry if this is sounding like a historical lesson on clothing but I did a lot of research on this topic and my findings came out as such. Also its hard to find much information on historical japanese clothes that are not just about kimonos. I also would like to point out that when my arms are down the sleeves look a lot like Inuyashas sleeves. My last point on on this sleeves subject, sorry, is I took this Japanese cosplayer as my example. I know just because its japanese does not mean its perfect or right but this person really takes the cake. They gave me the inspiration to do an Inuyasha costume. please check out these links, I really think they need there props.

http://www.cosplayer.org/HallAwards/Hallpica14.html
http://www.y2cosplay.com/AnimeExpo/A...2.html#SesshoK
http://www21.big.or.jp/~bkmoon/

for the last link you have to do a little searching and cliking around to see all the inu/sessh pics but its worth the work.

3) "the pants are supposed to be gathered at the bottom". Actually the pants are gathered at the bottom. I had made them kinda long so I just pulled the gathered ankle part a little high on my ankle so you cant see the gathered part.

But again. Thank you everyone for taking your time to look at my pictures and giving me your compliments and critiques.

Arigato!
Unread 04-20-2004, 01:58 PM   #10
Yuuki
No Pattern Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudette
2) "the sleaves should taper at the under arms." I made my Inu shirt using a book called "the book of kimono". It shows you how to make traditional japanes clothes from your body measurements. I also did alot of research on Japanese clothes of that time period and I did not see any clothes that had sleeves (like European sleeves) that where small at the shoulder and went big at the wrist. Japanese clothes were made from squares of material. So they did not have much form to them. Sorry if this is sounding like a historical lesson on clothing but I did a lot of research on this topic and my findings came out as such.
People who resesarch their costumes are wonderful.
Yuuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 06:13 PM   #11
Senko-chan

They're good. cool! I love it ^_^ (<big sesshy fan, but you make inu look good!)
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 10:57 PM   #12
abellabella
Softy 4 grn eye anime men

lol HEY I remember you, I even have a picture with you!! Do u remember me, I was cosplaying as Nurse Joy! lol Both of you had great costumes! i've always wanted to meet u again and say that!! r u going to the PMX convention?
Unread 04-21-2004, 11:20 AM   #13
cloudette

Hi there abellabella,
first, Thanks for the compliment.
Second. Well I can't say that I remeber u,sorry. I took pictures with a lot of people those two days I went dressed up. The funniest one was when my friend and I posed with a kid about 4 years old. He looked so scared I was afraid we were going to make him cry. lol. He was cute. Do you have a copy of the pic you can send me. that would be cool. PMX? where is that going to be. Im in Los Angeles/Orange County Area.
Unread 04-21-2004, 01:16 PM   #14
HyperrrMouse
Verdandi Mouse

Yah, Cloudette, Tetsiaga is only on the right side in the manga because all images are reversed from origional form when Viz releases them in the states so reader can read right to left as opposed to left to right as they do in Japan.

But that doesn't really matter, doesn't change that the costumes are VERY nice, and lovely, and you guys looked like you had such a wonderful time wearing them too!!!
Unread 04-21-2004, 05:58 PM   #15
abellabella
Softy 4 grn eye anime men

PMX is in Anaheim also!! It's the last weekend of May (go to pacificmediaexpo.com to check out more). I do have the picture and can send it to ya via email whenever u like (not a very good pic of me, I don't like pics with me in them lol).