Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

Unread 03-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
Sakura_no_hime
Derpsauce User

Talking SAO Cosplay Rental? [done]

Taken Care Of!

Last edited by Sakura_no_hime : 03-17-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: no longer needed

Unread 03-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
firecloak

The problem with rental is once someone lends it to you, how do they know they'll get it back?

If you get one of the ebay chinese sellers and ask for rush delivery, you might make the deadline.
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I would be cool with renting you mine, It's a size M/L (38/32/42).
But I have an event I'm wearing it at the end of the month.
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Marshall Lee
Vampire King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_no_hime View Post
Okay! My friend is in huge need of a favor! My friend has a film contest and the requirements of the contest is the use of special effects. He wants to do a SAO fight sequence with me as Asuna and my boyfriend Josh as Kirito. His deadline is between the last week of March and the first week of May, and we have a pretty big problem....neither Josh nor myself own any Sword Art cosplay costumes or swords, and we are really tight on cash right now ): is there anyone who'd be willing to let us rent your cosplay for this shoot? The action will include real sword-fighting, durable swords are a great plus! Please PM me if you can and I'll send you josh and mine's measurements I'll ask if we can credit you as "costume manager" in the clip. PLEASE AND THANKYOU!!!!

Seriously, are you really prepared to take on the cost of shipping and financially covering damage costs to the costumes and props if an accident happens? And then are you going to launder the costumes and pay the shipping to send everything back?
Honestly, after paying for all of this you could easily buy at least one costume from ebay.

I really think your friend should have planned a lot further ahead for this project. It might be wiser to pick less complicated costumes for his project than to try and rush all of this.